Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Top and back of head feels like its numb but I still have feeling

Top and back of head feels like its numb but I still have feeling there and same thing with my right leg I do have anxiety and recently stopped the zoloft what could this be and it more of a pressure on my leg
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 months ago.
Hi--when did you stop the Zoloft and did you wean off it? Have you ever had these symptoms before and how long have you had them now?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I stopped the zoloft on july 29 and hqve had these symotoms for 6 days now although my legs started today

And did you just stop cold turkey? And you said it was a pressure in your leg?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yea its pressure in my leg I still have feeling in my leg and head. I did stop cold turkey my psychiatrist said Im doing well and dont feel like I need it anymore

I just noticed we've talked before--is the numbness now in a different part of your head and not in the face at all?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yea its not in the face although it does suddenly come to my face sometimes

If you still have feeling in the scalp can you tell me what you mean by numb?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Prickling sensation

Constantly? In the back of the neck too or just in the head?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Just the head

And all the time?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yea

OK--can you describe the leg symptoms a little more?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Pressure most of the time and then suddenly goes away and comes back

Sorry but I just don't grasp what you mean by pressure and what part of the leg?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Middle part and lower knee

And again, since I don't quite know what you mean by pressure can you expand on that?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Same as head prickling sensation

OK. Well, again, this doesn't sound like anxiety but I can only give you my thoughts and you should see a doctor about this. It could be an electrolyte imbaXXXXX XXXXXke low potassium, calcium, or magnesium. If it were just in your head I might consider a cervical (neck) disk problem, but that wouldn't explain the leg symptoms. Potentially it could be a neuropathy either from diabetes or an autoimmune disorder like lupus. Finally, although I think this is way down the list but I need to mention it, it could be a sign of multiple sclerosis. So basically, to work all of this up, you'd need specific blood work and an MRI of the neck and brain
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I got a full blood workout couple of days ago I will know the results by tomorrow or tuesday

Well, see how that goes but if it's all normal, I'd still do the scans
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will but the prickling in head has gotten better

Could possibly just be anxiety but the distribution and the time it lasts don't really fit with just that. Let me know how it goes, Shan, and remember to rate my service to you again
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice