Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a uti, but I cant go see a doctor for at least a few

I have a uti, but I can't go see a doctor for at least a few days. I don't want it to spread to my kidneys, so I am wondering if I could take Solodyn 80mg that I had been taking for acne?
Hi--the Solodyn would probably be effective for a UTI although it wouldn't be my first choice. I can't on line tell you to take it for this without a doctor's telling you to do so, but if you haven't had any reaction to it in the past you could try it. For a UTI the course would be no more than five days.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are there any other home remedies I should do before I can see a doctor to treat this uti?

Well, oftentimes UTI's clear up on their own in three days or so but for now you can try either cranberry juice or cranberry pills along with plenty of fluids
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you. I was under the impression from the other times that I have had UTI's that if they go untreated with antibiotics, they can spread to your kidneys etc. Is that not true? Also, if the symptoms started this morning, by when should I go to the doctor if symptoms haven't improved?

Usually they don't spread to the kidneys even if untreated but that is a possiblity. I'd give this three days of just the cranberries and the fluids unless you start to get back pain and a fever
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you!

My pleasure--any time