Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have been feeling bad off and on for several years. just

Customer Question

I have been feeling bad off and on for several years.
just feel like i want to fall over.No strenght or energy.
I have been to the Dr.and had blood test several times.Nothing shows up.
I am 56 dont drink or smoke ,not over weight.
I have plates and screws in my ankle and shoulder.
Just grasping at straws.Would that cause anything like this?
Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--what blood work specifically have you hand done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had cbc,comp. metabolic panel,lipid panel plus this week I had vitamin D and corrtzole.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What about your thyroid function tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had that checked and always normal . The Dr did put me on thyroid med just because it can help make you feel better .(she said) but I haven't noticed any change .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--can you tell me a little more about this wanting to fall over and lack of energy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just do not have any energy . I feel like I'm so tired I can't even hold my arms up . I just feel bad !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Has your doctor considered your having a sleep study?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No . I take Ambien
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And do you feel this way from the minute you wake up in the morning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--last question--your doctor has no idea what the problem is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No . She just told Friday that she has no idea ! :(
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--back to the thyroid for a moment. You said you were on thyroid hormone--which one, how much, and do you know what your most recent TSH level was. Also have you had your Epstein-Barr virus titers checked for chronic fatigue syndrome?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take Armour 60mg no I do not know what my last check for thyroid was and no I've never had that checked .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--my thoughts here. Unless your TSH is about at the 1.0 level you are still hypothyroid and your Armour dosage needs increasing. I would also check you for chronic fatigue syndrome and consider a sleep study since you may have sleep apnea even if you think you sleep well throughout the night
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got vitamin D test result back and it was 3o . I'm hone this is the problem .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--did you mean to say you were told it was the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No . Just was told it was low . I am hoping that this is the problem !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps, and the proof of the pudding would be to get your levels up to normal and see how you feel. That said, I don't think that's likely the only cause of your symptoms