Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I am a 49 year old woman with menopause symptoms. I bled heavily

I am a 49 year old woman with menopause symptoms. I bled heavily for over 30 days in July then stopped for 2 weeks. My period has started again and is now even heavier and I am having significant, constant pain. I have been soaking through pads every hour for two days....soaking through and leaking onto clothes. I have to get up every hour or so at night to change pads and clothes. I feel light headed and weak. I can't get to my regular doctor for about a week. I am concerned about the blood loss and I'm not sure if I should seek immediate help or if it is okay to wait.

Hello and thank you for the question.

Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

The severity of bleeding you have mentioned is dangerously high. And now you have become symptomatic as well as a result of anemia due to severe chronic blood loss.

I will suggest you to go to ER and have an urgent evaluation done as well as a CBC count to look for severity of anemia, as you might require oral/injectable iron and/or a blood transfusion (depending upon the severity of anemia).

Waiting for another week would be against standard medical guidelines here.

Do not wait and get immediate help.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you....I will get help immediately.

That will be great.

Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

Kindest Regards.