Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My husband fell and hit his head on a tile floor causing a

My husband fell and hit his head on a tile floor causing a huge lump filled with blood. He had some blood leakage in his brain. His entire side is black and blue. He spent two weeks in hospital and rehab and was doing very well until he came home. Now his feet, ankles and part of his leg are extremely swollen.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Was a ultrasound of leg (colored Doppler study of lower limb) and a blood test called D-dimer test done to assess the cause of swelling?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They took lots of xrays at hospital and could find nothing wrong. Thought possibly gout but uric acid ok.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They took lots of xrays at hospital and could find nothing wrong. Thought possibly gout but uric acid ok. My daughter says I am crazy to pay $18 but if we can figure out something to help him, it is worth it. I do not want to go on and on. Need help now.

Hello Lynn,

The most common cause of one sided swelling in lower limb is deep vein thrombosis (blood clot) and hopefully he was investigated for it and his doctors ruled it out by an ultrasound and blood test. If the swelling started after his discharge, he should be seen by his doctor or at emergency room for these investigations. The other causes can be lymphatic obstruction or injury causing significant muscle and soft tissue bruising of the lower limb. Again an ultrasound is able to confirm the muscle bruising. A lymphatic obstruction is not easy to detect but an MRI may help by ruling the other things out. If everything comes out normal, an intermittent elevation of leg, physical therapy, electrical stimulation would help him in resolving the issue.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I like the answers you gave me and certainly it was worth $18 but please see to it that I am not charged on a monthly basis. This is a one-time thing for me.

Hello Lynn,

Thanks for your kind words.

If you have not clicked the subscription offer you would not be enrolled in the program. We experts do not see the site administrative functions and charges to the customer. So please contact the customer support, if you have charging issue. You may contact [email protected]

Customer help link;

Call Customer Support

Need help? Call our Toll-Free Customer Service

US/Canada 1.888.862.9212
Available 6am to 6pm PST

International
Available 24/7 for calls from outside US/Canada:

Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0808-189-0970
The rest of the world 1-650-385-2899

Please click the Excellent / good rating. Only a positive rating by you would give us credit and payment for the time and expertize here.

Thanks once again.

All the very best.