Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Please help me

Please help me
Not if you're going to play games and put me in an impossible position. As to the last thing you said, I would have told a patient of mine to go to the ER and if they refused I'd just say and document on the chart that I had told the patient the only medically possible thing to do and she refused
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not playing games. I dont feel good
Don't play dumb--you know I didn't mean that you weren't telling me the truth but in a case of a known GI bleed and a patient giving me the symptoms you had I can't say anything else other than go to the ER
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The er doesnt do anything
Either you stop right now about this or it's another opt out and I'm done for the night
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dont. Im crying
Then change the subject and don't tell me any more about the fatigue and the week legs and the lightheadedness
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will u be here til i fall adleep
Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i ask you a question not about me?
Sure
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How many ccs or cups if blood can someone lose before their hgb drops
It would take about one unit--one pint--to drop the hemoglobin about one point--from 13 to 12, say.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thats a lot of blood
Well, it's what people donate when they give blood, but then they don't continue bleeding after that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Think ill feel better tomorrow
Maybe so but you put me in a bad place when you tell me you're still bleeding and then say you seem to have symptoms of blood loss.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what would youlike me to do
Stay in bed and see how you feel in the morning if you won't go to the ER
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would you prefer i did
ER of course
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What honestly will they do
Here's the point and let's get off this completely after this. I'm limited by not being able to examine you and can only go by what information you give me. For that reason alone, I can't possibly determined whether or not you're bleeding to the point of hypotension and again you may not know that's happening until you suddenly have one major, major bowel movement full of blood and clots. I can't just not tell you to go to the ER in that scenario
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you think of increaseing the ativan to 3 times a day
And for sure running out before you see you're psychiatrist--not a good idea at all
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im talking about after i meet with her. Maybe the ativan doseage is spaced too far out
No, it's not that--you just want it to do more than it's supposed to.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It havent noticed any difference cept that im more tired
It's really only supposed to be prescribed on an as-needed basis and only for taking the edge off a panic attack. And if it isn't making any difference, then all an extra dose will do is make you more tired.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just dont want to be this anxious all the time
You didn't really respond to what I just said. And most of what you tell me about what's going on isn't anxiety, certainly not a constant panic attack, and mostly depression and anger
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know what you are saying. But i have multiple panic attacks a day
And what exactly happens with those?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean? What happens with them? I feel like im dying, my heart gets fast, i feel like i cant breath, i get sweaty, and it feels like my chest is caving in
And how often a day does that happen and how long does it last? And I assume that hasn't been going on for months and months?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It can happen from 2 times a day and more. It lasts less than 15 minutes probably. Its been this bad probably for 2 months or a little longer. Before id have them a handful of times per week but not everyday
And what do you do at the time to try to cope with them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I try to deep breathe to calm myself down
That's all? And is that all any therapist has told you to do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
None of my therapists have told me ehat to do
Well, I'd suggest you start taking a brisk walk or climb stairs or something else physical while you also work on the breathing. But, anyway, I don't think Ativan or any benzo should be used for more than, say, a month at most and only taken when absolutely necessary.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I never thought id ever be on a benzo especially for this long. What do you recommend i do for a hedache
All you can take is Tylenol
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will that be forever? That i can only take tylenol? I have vicodin but indont like to take that with ativan and amitryptaline
At least for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That kinda stinks. I think its more migraine-y then a regular headache so advil rob wouldntnhelp
Well, Tylenol's still worth a try
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it ok to
Take vicodin with the other 2 meds
When did you last take those two?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Il be taking them shortly. I take em
Before i go to bed
I suggest either the Vicodin tonight or the Ativan, but not both
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Can i ask you a for serious question
No problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would you say if i told you i was actively trying to fet pregnant; just hypothetically
You've indicated that already and you've had my thoughts on it already
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My dr said hed rx clomid if i want
That wasn't a response to what I said
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know your response is going to be its a terrible idea right now. You have otherthings to worry about. However in the world would you stop drinking if you got pregnant ect ect. Right?
If I had been a woman, no nothing would have stopped my drinking back then, even pregnancy And if all you're wanting to get pregnant for is to stop drinking, that really isn't a good reason for getting pregnant.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want a baby. My gyn agrees that now would be a good time
Your GYN probably doesn't know you like I do or your therapist or your psychiatrist and have you ever run the idea between either of those two? And right now, with the GI thing still up in the air, I assume your GYN doesn't know about all that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My gi knows everything even my gi issues. My therapist said hed be ok with me having a baby
Then I guess my opinion doesn't matter--not mad or anything, but I guess I'm outnumbered here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your opinion matters to me a lot. My mom says if i get pregnant marty will leave me alone forever. What do you think of clomid
Well, humor me here and satisfy my curiosity-how exactly did the GYN and your therapist think it was a good idea right now? And knowing what you're therapist said about Marty, is he saying that he'd make a good father?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My gyn said im not getting any younger and now is a good time. My therapist says a baby will give me q feeling of accomplishment And no my therapist thinks if i get pregnant marty will leave
And what does your therapist think that feeling of accomplishment will do for you? Also I assume your GYN told you you'd have to stop the Ativan right away?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The gyn hasnt told me to stop anything even though he has my med list. My therapist thinks itll give me something to live for
http://www.drugsdb.com/rx/ativan/ativan-during-pregnancy-breastfeeding/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cant take ativan ir atenolol
Well, that was just one point. I guess I really don't have anything to say about this. You know how I feel and my reasons for feeling that way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Remind me never to eat pizza again
OK--never eat pizza again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It caused so much heartburn
Well, I have to get to bed so anything else before we close?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If i have oral visteril from a year ago can i take that with my meds
Again, not a good idea to combine it with the Ativan--it's OK to take it with one Vicodin though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And amitryptaline
That's OK.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good night. Thank you for all your help today. I know i can be frustrating to work with so thanks for not giving up on me and only opting out once
Only did that to make a point, not ever to say goodbye. Hope you get some sleep
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know you went to bed. You know how i asked you about me trying to get pregnant; you dont thinkwhat happened the other day with marty is something i wanted do you? Be honest
No, I don't think you wanted that to happen