Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Please help me

Customer Question

Please help me
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not if you're going to play games and put me in an impossible position. As to the last thing you said, I would have told a patient of mine to go to the ER and if they refused I'd just say and document on the chart that I had told the patient the only medically possible thing to do and she refused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not playing games. I dont feel good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't play dumb--you know I didn't mean that you weren't telling me the truth but in a case of a known GI bleed and a patient giving me the symptoms you had I can't say anything else other than go to the ER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The er doesnt do anything
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Either you stop right now about this or it's another opt out and I'm done for the night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont. Im crying
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then change the subject and don't tell me any more about the fatigue and the week legs and the lightheadedness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will u be here til i fall adleep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i ask you a question not about me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many ccs or cups if blood can someone lose before their hgb drops
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It would take about one unit--one pint--to drop the hemoglobin about one point--from 13 to 12, say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats a lot of blood
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, it's what people donate when they give blood, but then they don't continue bleeding after that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think ill feel better tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Maybe so but you put me in a bad place when you tell me you're still bleeding and then say you seem to have symptoms of blood loss.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what would youlike me to do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Stay in bed and see how you feel in the morning if you won't go to the ER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you prefer i did
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
ER of course
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What honestly will they do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Here's the point and let's get off this completely after this. I'm limited by not being able to examine you and can only go by what information you give me. For that reason alone, I can't possibly determined whether or not you're bleeding to the point of hypotension and again you may not know that's happening until you suddenly have one major, major bowel movement full of blood and clots. I can't just not tell you to go to the ER in that scenario
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think of increaseing the ativan to 3 times a day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And for sure running out before you see you're psychiatrist--not a good idea at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im talking about after i meet with her. Maybe the ativan doseage is spaced too far out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, it's not that--you just want it to do more than it's supposed to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It havent noticed any difference cept that im more tired
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's really only supposed to be prescribed on an as-needed basis and only for taking the edge off a panic attack. And if it isn't making any difference, then all an extra dose will do is make you more tired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont want to be this anxious all the time
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You didn't really respond to what I just said. And most of what you tell me about what's going on isn't anxiety, certainly not a constant panic attack, and mostly depression and anger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know what you are saying. But i have multiple panic attacks a day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And what exactly happens with those?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean? What happens with them? I feel like im dying, my heart gets fast, i feel like i cant breath, i get sweaty, and it feels like my chest is caving in
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And how often a day does that happen and how long does it last? And I assume that hasn't been going on for months and months?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can happen from 2 times a day and more. It lasts less than 15 minutes probably. Its been this bad probably for 2 months or a little longer. Before id have them a handful of times per week but not everyday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And what do you do at the time to try to cope with them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try to deep breathe to calm myself down
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's all? And is that all any therapist has told you to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of my therapists have told me ehat to do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'd suggest you start taking a brisk walk or climb stairs or something else physical while you also work on the breathing. But, anyway, I don't think Ativan or any benzo should be used for more than, say, a month at most and only taken when absolutely necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never thought id ever be on a benzo especially for this long. What do you recommend i do for a hedache
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
All you can take is Tylenol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will that be forever? That i can only take tylenol? I have vicodin but indont like to take that with ativan and amitryptaline
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
At least for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That kinda stinks. I think its more migraine-y then a regular headache so advil rob wouldntnhelp
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, Tylenol's still worth a try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it ok to
Take vicodin with the other 2 meds
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
When did you last take those two?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Il be taking them shortly. I take em
Before i go to bed
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I suggest either the Vicodin tonight or the Ativan, but not both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Can i ask you a for serious question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you say if i told you i was actively trying to fet pregnant; just hypothetically
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You've indicated that already and you've had my thoughts on it already
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dr said hed rx clomid if i want
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That wasn't a response to what I said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know your response is going to be its a terrible idea right now. You have otherthings to worry about. However in the world would you stop drinking if you got pregnant ect ect. Right?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If I had been a woman, no nothing would have stopped my drinking back then, even pregnancy And if all you're wanting to get pregnant for is to stop drinking, that really isn't a good reason for getting pregnant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a baby. My gyn agrees that now would be a good time
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Your GYN probably doesn't know you like I do or your therapist or your psychiatrist and have you ever run the idea between either of those two? And right now, with the GI thing still up in the air, I assume your GYN doesn't know about all that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gi knows everything even my gi issues. My therapist said hed be ok with me having a baby
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then I guess my opinion doesn't matter--not mad or anything, but I guess I'm outnumbered here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your opinion matters to me a lot. My mom says if i get pregnant marty will leave me alone forever. What do you think of clomid
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, humor me here and satisfy my curiosity-how exactly did the GYN and your therapist think it was a good idea right now? And knowing what you're therapist said about Marty, is he saying that he'd make a good father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gyn said im not getting any younger and now is a good time. My therapist says a baby will give me q feeling of accomplishment And no my therapist thinks if i get pregnant marty will leave
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And what does your therapist think that feeling of accomplishment will do for you? Also I assume your GYN told you you'd have to stop the Ativan right away?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gyn hasnt told me to stop anything even though he has my med list. My therapist thinks itll give me something to live for
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
http://www.drugsdb.com/rx/ativan/ativan-during-pregnancy-breastfeeding/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant take ativan ir atenolol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, that was just one point. I guess I really don't have anything to say about this. You know how I feel and my reasons for feeling that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remind me never to eat pizza again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--never eat pizza again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It caused so much heartburn
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I have to get to bed so anything else before we close?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i have oral visteril from a year ago can i take that with my meds
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Again, not a good idea to combine it with the Ativan--it's OK to take it with one Vicodin though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And amitryptaline
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's OK.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good night. Thank you for all your help today. I know i can be frustrating to work with so thanks for not giving up on me and only opting out once
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Only did that to make a point, not ever to say goodbye. Hope you get some sleep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know you went to bed. You know how i asked you about me trying to get pregnant; you dont thinkwhat happened the other day with marty is something i wanted do you? Be honest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't think you wanted that to happen