Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

My husband has severe gas pains and bloating. He cant stop

My husband has severe gas pains and bloating. He can't stop throwing up either. Is there anything we can do to alleviate the severe pain? He says it feels like he just wants to pop his stomach like a balloon to relieve the pressure.
Hi--how long has this been going on and does he actually have abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He occasionally has gas pains, about once every couple weeks, but none this severe, he usually just takes some GasX and it gets better, but this is paired with nausea this time, and he's been throwing up for the past hour.

Where exactly is the pain right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In his lower abdomen, he says it sharp pains and on a scale from 1-10 the pain is a 9.

OK--in that case he needs to get to a doctor now. I can't tell you exactly what the problem is but it could be either diverticulitis or appendicitis, either of which, if the pain is severe, needs immediate attention and possibly even surgery. While this could just be a bout of viral gastroenteritis, there's no way for me to be able to say that's all it is, so please get him to the ER as quickly as possible.