Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

allergic reaction - urgent help please

I'm having an allergic reaction to some kind of chicken seasoning. Took a sample at the grocery store about an hour ago. With in a few minutes my tongue swelled to 2-3 times normal size & I began to itch severly all over --palms of hands and anus first, then top of my head then all ever. Cold sweat with goose bumps all over.Then whelps began to appear all over my body. I immediately took 3 regular Benedryls--hard to swallow water. I left the grocery store & made it home. I took a cool shower. Still itching like crazy, so took another Benedryl (total of 4 now).Then my stomach began to hurt and diarrhea started. My tongue is going down & itching beginning to ease.

I still have diarrhea very nauseated.

Any thoughts on what caused the problem? Anything else I can do to get over it?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. Yes this can be an allergic reaction, you should not have taken this much amount of benadryl yourself. Please go to ER without wasting time. You might need a shot of steroids. Please don't treat it at home. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.