Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have an injury to my left leg , thigh muscle, and since then

I have an injury to my left leg , thigh muscle, and since then my lower legs tingle when I stand up, what is this about

Hello Carrie ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

When was the injury?
Do you have swelling in the thigh?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10 days ago, and yes there was swelling and there still is swelling

Hi Carrie,

The swelling presses on the nerve which is more pronounced when you stand up, which causes the tingling. Once the swelling decreases significantly (internal swelling may take up to 3 weeks), the tingling would stop. Ice compresses, Ibuprofen and avoiding exertion (prolonged standing or walking) would help in early resolution.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this would cause both legs to tingle?

The tingling in both the legs is likely due to pinched nerves in the back. This can be due to;

1) Abnormal weight bearing due to thigh injury causing strain on the back.
2) The injury which caused thigh muscle contusion, sprained / strained the ligaments and muscle of the back.
3) Both the above together may be the cause.

Physical therapy is the mainstay of the treatment.

It is privilege assisting you.