Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am worried and usually after a dr appt i fel bettr and i

I am worried and usually after a dr appt i fel bettr and i did but all od a sudden i feel worried again. So i asked u if she wasnt a dermatologist could she have made a mistake. She looked ghrough the lop, touched it, measured it. What worries me is its a liitle scaly,and a little pink edge around top, but the rest is regular brown lcolor.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I already told you that there's nothing in your description that would indicate a melanoma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

even pink edges and scaly feeling in top of the mole. so u didnt answer could doctor have made a mistake

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I didn't address the doctor question because I know you too well but, not that a doctor would make a mistake--any doctor would tell you that the only way to be certain about a skin lesion would be to biopsy it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

whats a skin lesion. and do all the moles have to biopsied. because otherwise i need to biobsie all my back . i am worried and i dont want to biobsie anything unless its nessesarry. i dont like to touch stuff that meant not to be touched because it opens all other can of worms

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Like a mole or a bump on the skin. But no, all moles don't have to be biopsied if a dermatologist doesn't think it's needed. Have you worried about all these spots for a long time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about three month maybe less. its just feel kind of ruff not smooth, and a little pinkish edge. and its surrounded by frecles or sun spot so it actuaaly very hard to see unless u stouch it with a hand. because the color is the same

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And how long have you had it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

honestly i dont know , i just touched my shoulder one time and then boom i fixated on it. indont know what to do. remember i found something in my breast had to go through hell andit was fine then with my endometriosis same thing then my head i am tired of it

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So how exactly can I help you stop worrying about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i guess if u tell me again some facts and some things that on my side. but i will try again to se my pcp soon

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I already told you the things to look for--sudden change in color from brown to black or part of the mole changing color, the smooth borders starting to creep out so that it's no longer a perfect circle, but not just turning a little red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but remember i told its not ancircle its kind of oval .and agsin last exam of the mole . the pinkish was stillnthere and she stil everything was ok

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, circle or oval--I'm talking about something that's nearly perfectly round. And I just told you that pink or red isn't a sigh of a melanoma
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so u saying i should be more worried if its starts getting dark. ok what about that it doesnt feel soft to the touch . feels scaly dry

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I told you that before too--moles aren't soft and often they can feel scaly and dry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok doc came from work was going out of my mind there so i wasbtrying tontake the scabby stuff off and i did now the mole feels soft but on top of it where the pinish color u can see where i took the scaby things off

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How did you try to take the scabby stuff off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry . i just started to pick on the top

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So why are you worried about that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i worried that i might have disturbed a cancer loli know sounds stupid

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, not stupid but this isn't a cancer in the first place in my opinion and you don't do anything to a cancer by picking at it--you don't make it metastasize and spread to other parts of the body. This is just a simple mole but if you still worry about it just have a dermatologist tell you the same thing and then you can rest easy. Time to close this page with a rating.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice