Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip , Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Dr chip how about we just dont talk about it

That's fine but just so you understand, there is nothing more I can say on your GI issues until and unless we get some new information
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i ask you one thing
OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its about the gi thing. Despite taking vicodin my epigastric pain is bad. Also my bowel sounds are hyperactive. Help
It can't be true that the Vicodin isn't at least taking the edge off your pain. I don't worry too much about hyperactive bowel sounds
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it can be true. Im not going to argue about my pain
Good because we're done with that for now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im nervous to tell my therapist about my drinking
So if he didn't call you back, why didn't you call a second time? And did you actually talk to him when you made the first call?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I didnt make a 2nd call cuz im nervous. When i called the first time i left a message with his receptionist
Doesn't make sense if you felt so strongly that you needed to talk to him that you wouldn't call a second time. It's possible he never got the first message
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Today i didnt think it was A good idea
What do you mean by that and by the way--have you laid off the booze?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thinking about it today made me realise how silly it is to tell him. And i have not had alcohol since tuesday since i havr t felt well
So you talked yourself into thinking it was silly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yea
Silly how?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just that its not something he needs to know. And if its that important i tell him i should probably tell
Him face to face
I agree about the face to face but how did you go from thinking it was something important he needed to know to just the opposite?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not exactly
Sure
Come on--here you go again. I need a better more extensive answer than that you don't know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont really know. I just thought id siund dumb telling him over the phone esp since i can tell him
Face to face in wednesday. And now im not concerned i have a drinking problem since ive been alcohol free since minday
So just because you haven't had any alcohol for either two or three days (I can't be sure since you said Tuesday first and not you say Monday) that erases the whole thing and no need to talk about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tuesday i did colonoscopy prep soi had no alcohol. I think it proves i dont have a problem
I totally disagree
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why?
You should be able to answer that yourself--at least try to guess what I would say to defend myself when I say you have a problem. Even if you think I'm dead wrong, give it a try and read my mind
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That for a week i exhibited i had a problem. And the past couple days i had a reason i didnt drink otherwise i would have
Good start but how exactly did you exhibit you had a problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I drank like a fish and only stopped when i became sick. And i couldnt stop at 1 or 2
OK--so now that the "problem" is over, you won't ever drink again, right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right
OK--if you stick to that, then I agree, problem over with.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ill try
Wait a minute here--that's hedging. First you say you'll never drink again and next you say you'll try?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ill try not to drink again
Then I retract what I said about problem over with
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cuz i cant promise you ill never drink?
Why can't you promise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cuz i dont make promises that im not 100% certain i can keep
Good--and I'd worry if anybody made that kind of promise when it comes to drinking if anyone asked them to make the promise because they were worried about the drinking. But since you can't make the promise, there's still a problem and you need to talk to your therapist about it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i ask you a gi question?
Nice seque off a very important topic, but OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you were my dr would youve advised me to go to the er for that little blood
After a colonsocopy that didn't show any active bleeding, yes. And please don't ask me why
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you agree it was just a little blood? And heres the 2nd time

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Kate_Miller2007/media/image_zpse19785cf.jpg.html
Doesn't matter--blood is blood and if we don't go back to the other subject, I'll opt out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last thing on this. What do i tell the er. Will u be here while im there
You had a colonoscopy and you're having bleeding after it even though no active bleeding was seen at the time and your GI doctor, having learned of the bleeding told you to go there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will you be here with me while im there? Can i go by myself
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will you answer me so i can go
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will change the subject
Sorry--had to go to the store back now for good
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll be here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i go by myself
Sure but just go and get back to me when you're there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me what you think theyll do
Just go--no more talking for now since you're wasting time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please?
No and if you come back before you get there I'll opt out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im there
OK--let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The nurse said its probably a hemorrhoid
I don't need to know what the nurse says--don't get back to me until you've seen the doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think shes right
No
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me what you think it is to alleviate my anxiety
I don't know but it could be a rectal tear from the colonoscopy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will let you know what they say. Im sure they wont do anything
We'll see
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would
You do if you were working the er and i came in
Proctoscope
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Of course you would
Just see how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hate being here
Just hold on until you have something to tell me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My stomach hurts
Just wait until you have something informational to tell me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You said youd be
Here
Yes but we're just chatting right now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But im
Scared
I know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The dr said hes not concerned and i can go home
What did he do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not a darn thing. He said he doesnt even know why i came
You of course told him exactly why you came?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. And he said even if i was losing a lot of blood not mych they would do
Did he call your GI doc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope Nothing
Sell, call him in the morning and let him know you were at the ER tonight
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im just pissed. I did what i was suppose to do by going to the er and the er does nothing. But im sure ill have a pretty nice bill from them for nothing. When i called the np at 459 she was insistant that i go to the er. Thren said i could watch it. I wouldnt have gone if i thought it was nothing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where do you think the blood is coming from
Get back to me in about three hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont feel goodo. Im lightheaded and thinm im going to puke
Nothing I can do about that right now and seriously I'm about to step out the door so I'll be back in about three hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When i would drink id sleep really well at night
So what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Itbwas just a statement
Yes but why did you make it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just got up after a relative crappy night of sleep and was thinking how muchbetter i slepts when i drank
Oh, well. Guess you'll have to do without that particular sleeping medication
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess so.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you ok with me waiting til i see my therapist on wednesday before i tell him my drinking issue. Monday i go to mayo for the 2 hr appt on how to breathe differently so i dont ruminate my food
Wednesday's fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No comment onmy mayo appt
No, not really--nothing to say about it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think i need it? I dont think i have rumination syndrome
If you do it's the least of your problems but you're never going to get me to tell you not to get a test one of your doctors has ordered
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i ask you a question here. If you had to put all your eggs in one basket regarding a diagnosis, what would it be?
Round and round we go. Right now, if I had to guess, Crohn's
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry
What else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you frustrated with me today?
No but you promised not to go back on the GI issue and still we did. It just gets into repeating old facts
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry. What do you think of me trying a mood stabalizing med
Such as?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Idk. The psychiatrist mentioned maybe trying one if the increase in the zoloft didnt help
She might have been thinking of Abilify which is worth a try I guess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do yoy think i have a mood issue?
Mood issue really isn't a medical term. Mood stabilizers are usually used to refer to medications for either bipolar or sometime schizophrenic disorders
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But im neither
So I guess I don't know what she meant by that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Idk either. My diagnosis are depression, moderate, ptsd, EDNOS, and generalized anxiety disorder
Well, from now on, ask questions when a comment like that is made by your doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not insane
We're chatting again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My pee is really amberish
Sounds a bit concentrated but nothing else. We need to close this page unless you have something more that we really need to talk about right now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last thing ive been on ativan for 8 weeks now. I see my psychiatrist is 3 weeks. That will make it 11 weeks ive been on ativan. Am i going to have to wean off it? What happens when i run out cuz i took too many?
You'll need to wean off it and you'll have to start weaning slowly if you're going to run out before you see her again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do i wean off if it? She wantsvme on it until my GAD-7 score goes down. But i will run out b4 i see her. What happens if i just stop tsking if
You could have a seizure if you stop. The best thing to do is call her about this.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will you look at my new question
Catch you there