Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Hello Dr. Bray, my guestion is i would like to

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Bray,
my guestion is i would like to get off pain meds that im addicted to which would b all or any. tried quiting cold turkey, but phyzical part is unbearable. mainley the restless leg syndrome and insomnia. going to rehab is not an option. any suggestions. or ideas. thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 years ago.

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray, MD : i would suggest that you call some psychiatrists that may work with patients with addiction problems....
Anthony Bray, MD : Suboxone is a helpful medication but it is restricted in whom may prescribe!!
Anthony Bray, MD : there are measures that may be taken which can be used to help with various aspects if withdrawal symptoms....
Anthony Bray, MD : Different MEDS can be helpful to abate various symptoms ...clonidine may be if help... Mirapexmay help with RLS symptoms, etc...
Anthony Bray, MD : The difficult part I think is finding a provider that you would be able to work with..
Anthony Bray, MD : you may benefit to contact physician referral services through a local hospital for example...
Anthony Bray, MD : I hope that this is helpful for you! Let me know of you have further questions. Best regards,
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD