Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi Abby, I have been going through a bunch right now. I

Hi Abby,

I have been going through a bunch right now. I have not a tone but some Petechiae on my arms face and stomach. I have extreme bone bain and it worsens at night and quite itchy. Have found a lump under my armpit hard immobile and the armpit that has the lump is extremely week. I myself feel week and sleeping more then often
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--you're certain these are petechiae? Can you tell me what you mean by bone pain and what exactly is itching? And I don't understand what you meant by the lump being week?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are red pin size dots not raise on my skin about 6 on left arm 4 on right and some on face and stomach. Look alot like a broken blood vessel just smaller. I have a very dull pain on my bones. Late at night its gets worse and I have been itchy all over my body. On the side the lymph node is swollen my arm aches all the time and sometimes get tingling on my finger tips.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Do you have any medical conditions or take any medications? How long has all this been going on and have you seen a doctor about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got chronic pancreatitis when I was 16 and was going for pain blocks in a ct scan every 2-3 months for the pain until just last year. I take pancreatic enzymes. Bone dull pain started in ankles i would say about a year ago, now getting the bone dull all over for the couple months. I have seen a doctor I have a ultrasound on my lymph node scheduled for monday and just got blood work done today. They havnt gave me a straight answer on what they think it could be and I am stressing out waiting for results. I also went to get a ct scan done last week due to a finding of a 6 mm nodule in my lung after getting a mri on my pancreas to check for an progression. Any ideas of what this could be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To be honest dont feel myself and very weak. And the bone pain is alarming almost went to the emerge the other night but then waited till the next day and went to a walk in clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am 26 years old now

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any jaundice--yellowing of the skin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No jaundice or yellowing of the skin

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. All I can do here is take what information you've given me and give you my possible diagnoses and since we don't know the results of your blood work or really the thoughts of your doctor, that's all I can do. Will that be sufficient for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. And we can continue after this if you'd like. My first thought is either liver or kidney problems as in hepatitis or nephritis. I can't be sure about the lymph node but it might represent a lymphoma. With the lung nodule and all these other symptoms, I might consider an autoimmune disorder like sarcoidosis. Rheumatoid arthritis is also in the mix. Finally, although not very likely, I would screen you for Lyme disease. I'm sorry only to be able to tell you the differentials here, but perhaps once the blood work is back and you've talked to your doctor I can help more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So blood work came back all normal, but my question is why would I have a swollen hard lymph node < 1cm in my armpit which would point to an infection of some sort and all my blood work coming back ok?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How long have you had it and are you certain it's a node?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The doctor said it was a swollen lymph node and going for an ultrasound monday on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doesn't hurt and had no idea I had it until just a week ago. Been having the arm pain, and have a lump on my bicep that xray and ultrasound came back fine. Only reason I went to the doctors was due to the lump on my bicep causing dull aching pain to my arm. I now know that it was the lump under my armpit. Pain in arm has been there for about a month - two months

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How big is the node?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about the size of a nickle maybe a little bigger

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

with the blood work coming back fine having the bone aches and itching, what will the ultrasound show on monday, what are they looking for now?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well the ultrasound is just to better look at the node but with what you've told me I think this is just a reactive node from a previous infection you've since gotten over and not a sign of lymphoma. Let me know what the ultrasound shows on a new page and please let's close this page by your rating my service to you
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice