Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Had numbness on top of skull nothing else just numbness and

Had numbness on top of skull nothing else just numbness and thats it. Its annoying and im worried about it it has been there for 3 days. I do have anxiety. 3 months ago I had an mri because I hit my head and it was normal is it just anxiety or something else my physical is next week and I did a full blood test yesterday.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 11 months ago.
Hi--how much of an area of numbness and is it only apparent when you touch your head or can you feel it even when you don't?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I can feel it there without touching and with touching although I do still feel pain if you pinched me there it is on top right and back of skull it just happened suddenly. Sometimes I can feel tingling on my right cheek and ear. The numbness is mainly on right side of head

Any pain in the same distribution? Any sagging of any of the muscles of your face?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No no sagging of muscle barley any pain. Im fine except for the numbness

And it's been constant for three days?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yea

OK--doesn't sound like anxiety at all. It sounds as though you may have something called trigeminal neuralgia which is an inflammation of the trigeminal cranial nerve that runs in the distribution you describe. Nothing too serious and it can be treated with Tegretol although it usually resolves on its own. If it bothers you you need to see a doctor for an evaluation and for the Tegretol
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you I have been wondering what it was becuase it comes and goed like after 3 weeks im fine then 3 months later its back triggered by anxiety

Could possibly be triggered by anxiety but TGN can often just be recurrent. Let me know how it goes, Shan, and please remember to rate my service to you
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice