Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

HIV to get to the point of hair loss would mean a very low

HIV to get to the point of hair loss would mean a very low white cell count and the unusual infections that come from that.

Can you talk a little more about this and what it would mean? Would she be walking around normal and acting normal? I saw her again tonight, we were making out a bit.

People living with HIV/AIDS can face serious health threats from opportunistic infections (OIs)
Opportunistic infections are signs of a declining immune system.
Most life-threatening OIs occur when your CD4 count is below 200 cells/mm3. OIs are the most common cause of death for people with HIV/AIDS.

From diagnostic point of view it is difficult to diagnose HIV based upon hairloss as a symptom.

Hair loss may be a side effect associated with some anti viral medications for HIV.

There can be other potential causes of hair loss too which should be investigated as well.

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the answer. Would female hair loss be considered dangerous? Should I assume she has a serious condition?
Hair loss is a non specific sign with many causes.
So without proper history its prognosis can't be known.
But yes there are many reversible causes of hair loss like
iron deficiency, thyroid dysfunction etc.
So there are chances that this may not be a sign of serious problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would be an example of a serious condition indicated by hair loss that would also be a danger to me if i was in intimate contact with her?
Well usually serious conditions associated with hairloss may include

Hair loss as a result of cancer treatment
But this would not be dangerous to you.

A less serious condition that comes to mind is fungal infection which can cause hair loss and can spread from skin to skin contact.
But most fungal infections can be treated easily in people with healthy immune systems.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so it sounds like I dont have a huge concern being close to her without knowing the cause or underlying condition? Could she have HIV or a different STD?

Well my opinion is that you don't have a huge concern without knowing the cause of underlying condition.
Based upon this symptom difficult to diagnose a STD or HIV etc.Not a common presenting symptoms of STDs.

Don't worry much about this issue.