Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Hi I wanted to ask what the best colon cleanser and toxic cleaner.

Hi I wanted to ask what the best colon cleanser and toxic cleaner. I have heard of colonix and leaning towards that. I just want a complete flush out of the body

Colon cleanses can be harmful.

You have to understand, not only does the intestinal system get rid of waste, but vital nutrients are also absorbed from your intestines.

You could end up getting rid of some important vitamins and minerals that you need.

Secondly, people who regularly use colon cleanses, laxatives, etc. may actually create a sluggish or lazy intestinal system, and have a a rebound effect. That is, the intestines get dependent on help and you end up with a new set of problems.

You can get dehydrated from using colon cleanses, and, if using something along the lines of a high colonic, you can actually cause tears in the intestinal tract, or other damage.

Lastly, they are not strictly regulated and tested, and since it is an over the counter remedy.

A healthy diet with lots of water, fiber and fresh foods combined with exercise is the best colon cleanse you will find.

Some of the ingredients of Colonix are not fully studied and not approved by FDA so it's safety and efficacy are not regulated.

However it contains psyllium husk which Metamucil also contains it without any herbs and it can be helpful with no adverse effects.

If you want to try then use a product such as ColonCare by Twin Lab containing soluble fiber and pre-biotics.

I hope this helps.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.

Thank you.