Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Do you have a recommended diet for insulin dependent diabetics

Do you have a recommended diet for insulin dependent diabetics looking to lose weight
Hi. How much weight would you like to lose and have you had any specific diet recommendations as yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Currently weigh 114 kilos and ideally would like to get back to below 100k
Have been putting on weight since I started taking insulin
No specific advice as yet , and very confused by contradictory advice on the web
OK. I strongly recommend you get the book "The End of Diabetes" by Joel Fuhrman M.D. Not only will it lose the weight for you, it may actually reverse your diabetes. Basically it's a diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruit, nuts, beans, soy protein and very limited animal protein as in meats or dairy products. Here's a link for you

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/diabetes-diet-prevention-the-end-of-diabetes-book_n_2478790.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks will do. From synopsis It seems virtually veggie, is fish okay do you know..
Real problem for me is I am in business and have many lunch / dinner appointments
Fish is OK as is some meat after about a month on the diet--let me know how it goes