Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Im worried about the blood in my stool

Im worried about the blood in my stool
Sorry--my computer was down. I did see the photo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whats it from
You said on the other page something about an ER doc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He listened to my heart and lungs and sent me home
Why did you tell him you were there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I told him that my gi dr sent me yhere for vomiting blood and blood in stool. I told him last
Night i was made to have anal sex
And he never even bothered at least to look at your anus?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He said he didnt think it was necessary
Amazing--you have unbelievably casual and somewhat incompetent ER docs there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im worried about it. What is it from. Ehat do i do
At least let your GI doc take a look at your anus and rectum
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hes out of the office til Thursday. Do you think the thing last night is causing the blood
Probably. At least have him look at things on Thursday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it going to hurt
No but that isn't the point anyway
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its just that i hurts to use the bathroom so im assuming it will hurt to have someonesfinger up there
Enough on the discussion about this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last thing about this. Are you lying to me about it hurting so i go have it done? Is it going to be uncomfortable? What do i do if i have more blood
If done gently it won't hurt all that much but my point was whether or not it might hurt is not a good reason for not having it done. I don't know what to tell you if you have more blood because it would seem to be useless for you to go back to that ER
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do i go to a different er
I'd say yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why do you think he did it
He likes it I guess and he knows it bothers you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I shouldntvhave been deunk and it wouldnt have happened
Just one more reason to stay off the booze but since you've vowed never to let him back again, we don't have to worry about that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think i should get examined tonight
Truth? You should have been examined yesterday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How come? Last night i felt so vulnerable that idk if i would have let a dr touch me
Oh, come on. Because I'd consider it an emergency. Now change the subject or I'll have to opt out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry. Do you want ne yo go get looked at tonight
Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think my deression is keeping me from going to work
No, depression may make it difficult to go to work but it isn't keeping you from doing so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think my boss isnt going to be happy with me
Why?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cuz i didnt go to work today
Did you call in? And why didn't you go to work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did call in. I didnt go because im sad, i didnt sleep last night, and it hurt to walk to i basically stayed in bed all day.
So what did you tell your boss?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I told her i was sick and not coming in
And what did she say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She said thats up to me if im staying home
You going in tomorrow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont know. I think i need to call my psychiatrist tomorrow
Why the I don't know? You should go in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its not that easy
That's not a good reason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im depressed. I dont care if i get fired
Still not a good reason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry
That's not a good reason either
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why do you care if i go to work
You need the job and going to work is good therapy for your depression
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need help not a job
So exactly what help are you hoping for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Idk. Do you thnk i need inpatient help
If it gets to the point where you get fired because you don't go to work, absolutely
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im talking about like tomorrow or the next day
If you can't go to work tomorrow, then yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you know of any places in mn to go to
The Mayo, or the U of MN or the eating disorder clinic you were thinking about
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In case you didnt know im really struggling :(
I know you are and I care very much
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long do you think id need inpatient. And just so you know im not crazy
I think you need at least two weeks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im afraid that if i dont get help im going to od on purpose
Then call your psychiatrist and tell her that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you believe me about
That?

I dont want to be put on a hold
I believe you but you can voluntarily commit yourself and you won't be on a hold
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think i need that? Be 100% honest here
Yes--100% honest answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is it about me that makes you say yes? If i went to work tomorrow would you still say yes
Why, when you ask me a specific question and I give you a simple straight answer, do you insist on arguing with me? If you do go to work then for now I won't say you need to be in inpatient treatment, but I've told you before and I still think that you really do need the inpatient treatment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wasnt trying to argue. I am sorry if it came off that way. What are your reason for saying i need inpatient
It is arguing--it's saying yes, but--it's not accepting a blunt statement and saying give me your reasons so I can argue against them. BotXXXXX XXXXXne here--pure and simple--you may be headed to doing what we can't talk about and it's much better to head it off at the pass before you do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would you still talk to me if i seriously tried it
I couldn't if you told me you did--it would be breaking the rules.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But if i came back here after i did it
Then I could yes if you mean after you were in the hospital
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sometimes i wish i could just do it and fail at it and end up in the hospital. Because then it wouldnt be my choice to go
Well, I have to get to bed now--get back to me tomorrow and hopefully it'll be after you've gone to work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can i ask you one last thing
Quickly, yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If i told yoy my entire abdomen felt like it was on fire would you be concerned?
That's not a quick answer question and you knew it. Don't post anything after this. I can't examine you so I have no way of knowing if it's an emergency or not. I doubt it is so get to bed and get back to me tomorrow
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont feel well
Can't you just tell me more and not say something as indefinite as that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry just forget it
OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you want me to say
Something I could somehow respond to besides a one liner like you don't feel well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long until my epigStric pain subsides? It hurts a lot like a 8/10
Since I don't know what it is I can't say. I would say that I'd be worried you might have a rectal perforation and that would indeed be an emergency so you really need to get checked out by somebody now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What are thevstmptoms of that
What you're having right now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have
An appt with the NP at 1030. Whst do i tellher? That i had a litte blood in my stool
The whole nine yards and that you're worried about a rectal perforation and need an abdominal ct or at least abdominal x-rays
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you think the likelyhood of it being a perforation. There wasnt a lot of blood
More than enough to get it checked out and there doesn't have to be any blood at all
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why cant you give me a percentage? People have consenual anal sex all the time and they dont get perforation? Wouldntbi be sick if i had one? How do they fix it
Stop right now. Either you tell all and get it checked out or you don't. Percentages don't mean anything if you happen to be one of the patients that has it. You are sick and you've got bad abdominal pain. That's all I need to be worried about it. To fix it usually means abdominal surgery
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was just asking
And sometimes I have to treat you like a child that won't listen
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You always treat me like a child. Sometimes i ask yoi questions cuz im scared
And I give you the answer like this one and then you waffle with questions like can I give you a percentage. You need to be checked out now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im just embarrassed to tell her that i let marty violate me. If i had a peforation wouldnt i not be able to go to the bathroom
See how you're waffling right now? You could still be having bowel movements with a perforation. If you want to take the risk that this isn't a perforation and not get the proper evaluation for it, fine, but if it is the faster it's treated the better
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I told you earlier i have an appt at 1030. How much blood would you say was in the toilet
Probably about a teaspoons' worth
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My epigastric pain hurtd worse than any other time i had ulcers
We're chatting again. Go get checked out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Theyre not going to do anythimg
Hopefully she will if you tell her the whole story. And if she didn't do a scan or at least x-rays, that could be considered negligence and grounds for malpractice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So just a quick DRE and thats all shell do down there
Better than nothing but like I said, I'd do the proctoscope. A digital exam won't detect a perforation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know this is a dumb question but how can a penis cause a perforation. And are you honestly concerned thay thats whar it could be
It still can tear the mucosa and I've seen it happen. And of course I'm worried--otherwise I wouldn't be spending all this time telling you to get it checked out. If you hadn't had any bleeding or pain I wouldn't be worried
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wont it heal up on its own
Possibly but it depends on the size of the perforation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just so you know i hate this all. Dont really want someone touching me down there
I know but it really needs to be done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You saying that doesnt make it any easier
And we're chatting again. Let's close the page, get checked out and let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Lets not close it just yet. My tummy really hurts
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im done with my appt
And?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did a dre and said she dudnt feel
Amything. Ordered a FOB and cbc and urine and comprehensive panel
What did she thing about your abdominal pain and did you tell her about what happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did tell her. She didnt say much abour the abdominal pain just that shes probably going to send me to see my gi dr. When i tried to go for thr FOB it made me pain worse
The FOB really isn't important--we already know you're bleeding down there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dont be mad at me! The NP sent me home and said shed call later
I'm not mad but she should have done more. Anyway--hopefully your GI will check things out. We really need to close the page though
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last thing. Why am i. Tender in my lower abdomen to palpation
Hard to say since she really didn't check it out. If not from the perforation it could be an ovarian cyst, diverticulitis, or an inflamed bladder
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So you still think it could be a perforation
Yes--until proved otherwise. Now please let's close the page
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/health/7xnmv-know-its-perforation.html
See you on that page