Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

I have had thoracic vertebrae pain since Wednesday evening.

I have had thoracic vertebrae pain since Wednesday evening. A few times, pain has also shot down my thighs. I have had a few small fevers, 90+, and the fever breaks in the night. While the pain can be pretty bad, it is controllable with Advil. I am taking 2 Advil about every 12 hours, so this is not terrible pain, but it does not stop. I have no other symptoms. This is not a backache - this is back pain. My back has not been strained in any way. I am 67 yrs old, and never have back ache or pain. Is this worth seeing a doctor? LEWB
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

In which areas do you feel the pain exactly?

How far does it go down the thighs?

Is it on one or both sides?

Is there any redness, rash in those areas?

How is your urine?

Did you have any vertebral or disc disease before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The pain radiates out from the thoracic area.

The pain in the legs has gone down to the knee, but that pain has not happened for a couple days. So, those pains were only temporary, and not simultaneously.

No history of disc disease.

No rash - I check my body regularly for ticks.

No urinary changes.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Is the pain on one or both sides?

Is the thoracic & leg pain on the same side?

Do you have cough or any other symptom?

What does aggravate the pain like any movement, cough, breathing etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The pain radiates out from the center of the thoracic area.

The leg pain has been transient, and hasn't happened lately, so may not be important.

No cough. No other symptom except the very slightly elevated temps.

Nothing aggravates the pain - it is just there all the time. I am conscious of it. I am conscious of it as I breathe, though it does not interfere with breathing. My energy level and appetite are slightly depressed because of the pain, but it is not debilitating.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Linda, for all the information.

Fever, pain in the thoracic area can be due to an infection.

Other possibility is nerve impingement where the pain can radiate out.

The pain going to the thigh can also be due to nerve impingement.

Pain from urinary infection or colic from stone can be felt in the lumbar area but not in the thoracic area.

It can go to thigh but this is usually to the upper inner thigh areas.

However, your urine is normal, .

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

A few tests like blood count, X ray/ scan can be necessary.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience