Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

hi my son has cox sackie and being treated with benadryl and

hi my son has cox sackie and being treated with benadryl and tylenol my husband and i both got sick at the same time with throat infections really bad body aches and pains low grade fevers and fatigue . we were treated with antibiotics. is there any relation to what my son has and are the symptoms somewhat normal please advise
Coxsackie virus have different types-

Type A viruses cause herpangina (painful blisters in the mouth, throat, hands, feet, or in all these areas),conjunctivitis.
Type B viruses cause epidemic pleurodynia (fever, lung, and abdominal pain with headache that lasts about two to 12 days and resolves),meningitis, myocarditis, and pericarditis, but this occurs infrequently.

Most coxsackie virus infections aren't serious.
They typically cause only mild signs and symptoms,such as fever,rash,sore throat,joint pain,headache,blisters.
Sometimes similar to strep throat.

Antibiotics aren't effective in treating coxsackievirus infection.
The line of treatment may rest, fluids, and OTC pain killers.
Coxsackievirus is spread from person to person by coming into contact with respiratory secretions from infected person,touching the contaminated surface.
So it might be possible that there can be relation and everyone have contracted the same virus.
However if you have tested positive for Strep throat and then started antibiotics so Strep throat could be the possible diagnosis in your case.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are the body aches and joint pain normal ??? we are so achy we cant sit still lol literally we took advil tylenol to relieve alittle but not much relief.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Bodyache and joint pain can be associated with any bacterial or viral infection.

And usually Advil/Tylenol can provide relief.

As in your case,such medications are not giving you any relief so you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and it's good to see your doctor again if you have completed your antibiotic course.

You should also start multivitamin.

Take proper rest.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

And drink Gatorade.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you just as long as the body aches and joint pain are normal then there is nothing to worry about just wait till gets out of system correct?

Most of the infection subside in 7-12 days.
So you should continue your medications and take proper rest.
In case your symptoms are getting worse then consult your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.
Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.