Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I have a small lump above the left elbow. It isnt exactly

I have a small lump above the left elbow. It isn't exactly painful, unless I push on it, I noticed it when I was looking at bruising on my arm in the same area---I had
a visit to the doctor last week and I think the bruising is from the blood pressure
cuff, which was very tight, and I bruise very easily. I'm concerned because I am
in my 4th year of cancer recovery, and a little anxious about any changes. Do you
think it is anything to be concerned about?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

For how long, you have this lump?
Has it increased in size?
Are you on any medications?
Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've had the lump less than a week, and it hasn't increased in size.

Yes, I'm medication: Plavix; Metoprolol; Simvastatin, AREDS,

multivitamin, Pepcid, low dose aspirin.

And, no, I don't suffer from anxiety or severe stress.

Joyce, Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, it could be Bursitis. It is swelling and irritation of a bursa.
Occasionally, fluid may collect in the bursa and the bursa can become quite enlarged. If the bursa gets infected, there may be pain, redness, and difficulty in moving the joint.

It could also be Lipoma , this is a benign (noncancerous) fatty lump that usually causes no symptoms or problems, it is made up from fat cells that clump together. If it causing symptoms such as pressure symptoms, then it may be removed by minor operation.

You can follow these measures-
-You should rest the arm.
-You can apply an ice-pack for 10 minutes every 4 hours.
-You can apply an elastic bandage around the elbow to prevent more collection of fluid.
- You should elevate the elbow above the level of the heart to encourage the fluid to flow down.

It doesn't sounds to be related with any serious issue.
You can safely wait for 1 week, and do get it checked by your doctor.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business