Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

can a vaccinated dog pass on rabies to a human?

Hi--I assume you mean a dog that is up to date on its rabies shots? And can I ask why you ask?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is up to date on his shots

Well we can continue after this if you'd like since I'm still wondering why you ask but no, a properly vaccinated dog cannot pass on rabies either to humans or to other animals.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have bad health anxiety, our dog we think was exposed to a bat and we didnt know if the bat had rabies. we got him another shot right after the exposure to the bat so he is well and truly vaccinated, i just got worried some of his saliva could have gotten into my skin perhaps on a small scrape or through my cuticles.

It still doesn't matter--if he's had his shots he doesn't have the virus in him so you really need to let this go--you aren't at any risk for getting rabies.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even if he was bitten? eventhough I dont think he was bitten

Even if he were bitten. Just like any effective vaccination, the body has antibodies that immediately destroy the virus so it can't replicate and can't infect the host.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thankyou for your help

My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you