Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

why am I getting pain at both side in my waist area. excess

why am I getting pain at both side in my waist area. excess gas coming upwards and bloated stomach with crushing pain under my ribs sometimes.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, if you have not experienced any symptoms relief with the medications your doctor has being giving you , other potential conditions should be investigated besides Irritable Bowel Syndrome .

The conditions that could produce the type of symptoms you have been experiencing are multiple including : digestive enzyme deficiency , the presence of a mass in the gastrointestinal tract , pancreas or liver inflammation, gastroesophageal reflux ( in this condition,the stomach acid juices flow back into the esophagus through a weakened lower esophageal sphincter ),hiatal hernia ( in this condition , part of your stomach protrudes into the chest through the diaphragm ( a muscle that separates the chest organs from the abdominal organs ) ) , gastritis ( stomach lining tissue inflammation ) or costochondritis ( in this condition , the cartilage that joins the lower ribs to the breastbone become swollen or inflamed ) .

Your doctor should perform additional tests to determine which of these conditions is producing your symptoms including : a chest X-rays , an upper endoscopy , liver function tests , amylase ,lipase levels and an abdominal CT Scan or MRI.

With these tests ,Your doctor will able to find out which of these conditions is producing your symptoms so You can receive an appropriate treatment .

In the meantime, You should avoid drinking carbonated or caffeinated beverages , avoid eating beans, turnips , cabbage ,sprouts ,lentils and fatty meals . Try to eat slowly smaller meal portions.Eating unsweetened yogurt or taking probiotic tablets could help to restore the normal intestinal flora alleviating some of your symptoms. You could drink peppermint and chamomile tea which are good natural alternative remedies or You could get some Beano tablets to take before or with your meals . Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you so much, I really dont like the sound of "mass in the gastrointestinal tract " I realize I didn't tell you everything, these symptoms come and go and I am clear for many hours sometimes.

The doctor that I saw a week ago did in fact give me pro biotics which I am taking twice a day.

Thanks......again.....Graham

Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
A mass is a remote possibility , so do not get anxious or worry . However , all conditions should be investigated to know what is really happening .

In your case , the main conditions that could be involved are an hiatal hernia , gastroesophageal reflux or the presence of a specific digestive enzyme deficiency . All these conditions are benign and treatable ,so do not worry.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX back to the GP this morning, she is arranging stool samples, blood test and CT scan.

Thanks for your help..... Graham West