Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I suffer from anxiety and acid reflux. I have been "scoped"

I suffer from anxiety and acid reflux. I have been "scoped" and put on acid reducers. I have a small hiatus hernia. I am off the reducers and manage with diet. Surgery next recommendation. I have panic episodes and learn to control them. Lately I have a "new" symptom - I periodically feel like i am going to fall, to the point i must brace myself. Sometimes at the worst - as if i might loose conscious. Then it passes. My concern is that this might be something not anxiety related?
Associated clogged ears,stuffy nose?
Associated dizziness?
Headache?
Have you monitored your blood pressure?
Nausea,vomiting?
Do you feel such symptoms at certain positions?
Since how long have you been suffering from?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have allergies - pollen, mold. I live in Southern florida - so yes more often than not i have fluid my sinus, but this is the norm for the season for me. Yes, i become dizzy. No headache. No nausea-vomiting. It only happens when i am upright or walking. Triggered sometimes but not always if i am in an elevator or navigating an incline. I don't monitor my blood pressure, but have never been told it was an issue for me when measured. I'm 5'4 and weigh about 140. Its been about the last 3 months. To eliminate another variable - i drank no alcohol for a weeks at a time and it still occurs (normally a moderate to heavy drinker)

Thanks for providing more information.
Well as you describe,possible causes may include Eustachian tube dysfunction,Postural Orthostatic hypotension(fluctuation in blood pressure while changing position),BPPV,Vasovagal syncope,Stress related.
Having said this,you should be seen by your regular doctor for a clinical examination to determine the underlying cause.
I suggest you to make an appointment with your doctor in next few days rather than consider wait & watch approach.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well the whole idea behind writing a website at 2 in the morning on Friday night to get advice on a medical problem is that i am not the type of fellow who has the means to procure the services of a "regular doctor", but I will research your suggestions and appreciate your determination of urgency. Thank you for your time.

As per your current symptoms,other possible causes should be ruled out rather than consider anxiety is the cause.
Sometimes an underlying physical health problem can result in panic attack/stress.
So physical cause should be evaluated.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.