A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a bladder infection, what can I take for it?

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. Please let me introduce myself. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

To make yourself more comfortable, you can drink plenty of fluids including 100% cranberry juice, and take a bladder anesthetic from the pharmacy. Some brand names are XXXXX XXXXX Azo. They contain a dye that coats the lining of the bladder making the infection less painful. This can be taken for a maximum of two days. However, the only thing that will cure a bladder infection is an antibiotic which your primary medical provider will need to prescribe for you.

Please let me know if you have questions.

All the best,

A. Schuyler, NP
~