Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

Herpes or pimple?

STD question. I'm a man and I had unprotected oral sex with a woman, both received and gave, 6 days ago on Monday. On Wed and Thurs I took a morning shower and then I was out in the sun and sweat a lot both days. Friday morning I noticed I had either a slightly painful pimple or ingrown hair. It was just one average size pimple at the base of my penis. Red ring with an off yellow center. I popped it and a small amount fluid came out. I dried it with some tissue washed it and applied a little triple antibiotic ointment. There was very little pain or discharge and today it's just a small red dot. What are the chances that it's herpes?

Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, according to what you described , this looks more like an ingrown hair or Staphylococcus / Streptococcus infection than an herpes infection.

In most cases , with herpes , the first symptom patients develop is an itching sensation , after that , you develop some white blisters or red bumps that pop out ,oozing fluid or bleeding ,leaving a small ulcer that scabs later . There is other characteristic ,the lesions are usually multiple not only a single one lesion.

Being a single lesion , this is probably not herpes .

If you do not develop any further symptoms , there is no need to consult a doctor .

If you develop other lesions , in that case , consulting a doctor and have some STD tests done would be appropriate to rule out the presence of herpes or other sexual transmittable disease like syphilis but right now , it is not necessary.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.