Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

If i go to the movie with my cousin with aspergers and i eat

Customer Question

If i go to the movie with my cousin with aspergers and i eat popcorn am i going to get fat
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I'm a little uncertain about your question? I don't understand the connection between your cousin's asperger's and the getting fat part?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing im
Going to the movie with my cousin. Will i
Get fat if i eat popcorn.

There is no
Connection
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, a bag of popcorn--medium size without butter topping--is about 600 calories so if you ate it all that would constitute about one meal's worth of calories
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats a lot of calories! So im better off without it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not very nutritious anyway. What movie?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Despicable me 2. Thats fine i dont need to eat at the theater. I had applesauce at home
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a good one. Talk to you later then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will i ever stop thinking im fat. I know women who weigh 200-400#s and they dont think they are fat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
With therapy, yes. The term fat is in your case blurred by your lack of self esteem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if i weighec 200#s would you thunk i wAs fat then
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't look at people as fat or skinny. From a medical standpoint there is a health issue with a BMI over 30.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think im fat? Youve seen a pic of me. Do i look fat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No and that's the truth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure you didnt forget that im fat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
None of your pictures have made me think of your being fat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you tell me if you thought i was
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
As I told you I don't use the term but if I did I would tell you if I thought you were fat and I don't see you as fat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill drop the subject now. Im just feeling fat today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But that feeling will go away after i work on my "issues?"
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. When i establish care with the NP what do i need to tell her about my health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
In general with any new doctor or NP or whatever it's best to tell them everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically tell her about my gi issues. And that i see psychology abd psychiatry? Be back in 2.5 hours
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Be here when you get back. Yes--everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But no abuse stuff right
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do i tell her about the gi issues? What do i tell her about the tachycardia
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't know why this is so difficult. Give her all the medical notes and labs you have and tell her about what's been done about the problems so far. So long as she get's the notes from other doctors you've seen that would be sufficient
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You make me feel like im
Dumb.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, not trying to but sometimes I don't understand why you ask questions about relatively simple things
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Just forget abour it But i dont like feeling stupid because i asked you a question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Stop being so thin skinned. I think there was a reason for your asking the question but it had nothing to do with your not knowing what my answer would be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm sure, having gone through the medical system, you know exactly about past medical history and current medical problems and what a patient is supposed to do with those when meeting a new physician, so why ask about something you already knew about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just forget it ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why--trying to help you out here but all you do is give up too soon. I can see why therapists have trouble with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Wow what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its NOT my fault that therapist have trouble with me. That was not very nice
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You don't even know what I meant by that--simply that when I try to point out something about you that you might not exactly like, instead of wanting to know what it might be, you just say forget it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I say forget it when i think you are fetting frustrated with me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm not frustrated at all, but just forget it since my point I was trying to make really wasn't that important.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tell me, dont just say forget it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
First--how did it make you feel when I said just forget it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It made me feel bad. Like i was making you frusrated. But then it kinda made me ticked off because it made me feel like you didnt care that i wanted to know your point
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--so guess how someone else like me feels when you do the same thing to them, and you do it to me a lot of times. Anyway, I think you asked the question because as I've said many times before you're a perfectionist (which again is an impossible goal to have) and you wanted to know just the right--the perfect way--of telling the NP what she would need to know without having to tell her everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize. Im just nervous. I dont like going over my health history. And what is she doesnt even know anythung about gastrin levels
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just give he the Mayo notes and leave it at that. For now she really won't be the one treating you for that anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I wish my pcp wasnt leaving
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Where's he going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He decided he wants to be an ER doctor in south dakotah
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, more defined job and more settled hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i just need to see the NP once a year?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
For just the standard physical and labs, yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And then just see her when im sick. I dont have to do an appt every some many months.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No only for that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What makes you think that i am a perfectionist
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You don't see some of that in yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know i am. But what makes you say that about me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You obviously have the control issue for one--and of course there are many things we simply can't control. You ask what if a lot--that implies wanting to know what to do--perfectly if you will--when whatever happens. You want to have a perfect body when it comes to weight. And finally, whenever you don't do something with exactly the outcome you want, like in talking to your therapist and making a great start but saying you failed because you didn't tell him every last detail--that certainly smacks of perfectionism.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a question. When i had the EUS do you thimk it was necessary to be given all these meds?

PROPOFOL INJ. 1000 MG INT2 1 UNITS $116.10
LIDOCAINE 2% 5ML 1 UNITS $76.00
FENTANYL SYRING 100 MCG UD1 1 UNITS $88.60
MIDAZOLAM SYRINGE. 2 MG UD4 1 UNITS $89.50

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Actually the Propofol alone should have been sufficient, maybe with a little Versed to start things off but I see no reason for the fentanyl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember how i told you how i fell outta the bed afterwards. I knew the nurse gave me versed to calm me down i guess i was a little "wild" but idk about the fentanyl either. I think its entirely too much medication
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, you made it through anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats not the point
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The point being exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont really remember
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later then I guess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you disappointed in me? I see my therapist on wednesday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No just since you didn't seem to have anything else to talk about I thought I'd just wait until you did
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i try again with my therapist
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What exactly did he say and the end of the last session--give me an idea of, say, the last five minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sat there and said nothing. And he didnt say anything either. And then i asked i could leave and he said yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What was the last thing he said before you were silent and how long did the silence last?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me i wasnt a loser. And probably 5-10 mins
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, then, yes you should try again--going on from where you left off, but you need to tell him at the start that you need to do this and you are ready to do it and that he heeds to help you start working on all the anger and resentment you have. I'd hope that that would make him start working with you and not just letting you sit there in silence. If it was that long where neither of you said anything, he should have filled up the silence with his own words--at least giving you some thoughts and guidance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He just says i shut down
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then--and I don't think you do anyway--don't shut down. But tell him at the start that you have to do this and he needs to work with you and not let you just sit there. Ask him from the start what he thinks about what you've already said and how the two of you can work on the feelings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I totally shut down at times. And i
Dont know how to not do it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then tell him to take what you have said so far and work on that--and that he needs to give you some guidance. He's got more than enough for now to start talking himself and not just leaving it up to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's all you can do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But no being disappointed in me if i try
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I was proud of you and certainly not disappointed with your last try, so I won't ever be disappointed if you try--and let's not get into whether you did it perfectly, just trying is the most important part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just neef to know that you wont be disappointed in me because it break my heart if you were
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, I promise I won't be disappointed if you give it another try no matter where it goes from there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont want to do this again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Do what again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Talk about tur abuse again. Indont think immstrong enough to.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just use what you've said so far and ask him to do some work with talking about what you have said so far--ask him to take at least a few minutes to talk himself about his thoughts and evaluation of what you've already said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My therapiat doesnt think i will open up
To the mayo dr either.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
He really is taking a very negative approach to this. I think it's more that he just doesn't know how to handle this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont knowvwhat to do. Do i not go to mayo?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You need the right therapist and if it takes going to the Mayo then you need to do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is my therapist not being supportive
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really don't know but it may be that he's just never dealt with this and that's why he refers patients with this particular problem to another therapist. You should ask him if he feels he's not the right therapist for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is this so difficult
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It isn't at all difficult for the properly trained and experienced therapist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been nothing but difficult. I tried and failed. And my therapist doesnt seem to think i have it in me
To share. Do you know how disheartening that is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand but you did share this last time and that therapist did absolutely nothing with it. He really did you no favors at all by taking your biting the bullet and finally starting to share and then telling you you aren't ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whats the point of trying again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
With him or with another therapist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Either
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, try doing what I said about asking him to take what you've already shared and working with it. The point is that the only way you're going to get over this is to share and have a therapist take the reins and work with you in an interactive way. Don't give up on me now but for now there's really nothing more to say about this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im just frustrated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think you really understand how frustrated i am
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I think I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else for this page?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess not
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--later then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i stop taking reglan
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think its causinh diarrhea
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Possible. You could stop it for a while to see if that's the cause but you need to let the doc know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im suppose to let the dr know how im doing this week
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why cant i be a normal healthy 24 year old
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but that's really a chatting type question. We need to close this page and start a new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nice. Talk to you later i suppose
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later then
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice