Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Wednesday, I was sicked with a fever, diarrhea and vomiting.

Wednesday, I was sicked with a fever, diarrhea and vomiting. Thursday, I woke up with none of those symptoms, but in the afternoon I started running a fever, again. No diarrhea and vomiting, Thursday. Friday, diarrhea, again. Friday night I ran a cold sweat all night. Saturday morning I feel weak, tired and dizzy. I thought it was either flu or bad food. A friend of mine says she thinks Lyme disease.
Hi--any rash or joint pain? How high a fever? Any relation to something you ate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No joint pain or rash. I don't really know if it was bad food. I went out to lunch with a friend. We eat the same food, she did not get sick.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know how high a fever, I was freezing and my forehead was hot.

Well, I'm not sure where your friend came up with Lyme disease but this certainly doesn't sound at all like that. While this could be the flu it could also be a stomach virus but potentially it could be an infectious enteritis from something like E coli or salmonella. Usually a viral enteritis runs its course in three to five days but if you continue to have these symptoms beyond that point you need to see a doctor for evaluation and a stool sample. For now, the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast--may help along with drinking as many fluids like juices and GatorAde to replenish the fluids and electrolyte loss.