Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

I am 57 years old and I have enlarge prostate. I am taking

I am 57 years old and I have enlarge prostate. I am taking flomax regularly for last 5 years. Last year I started to do weights lifting and I am thinking to take creatine monohydrate supplement to improve my performance.
Is taking cratine monohydrate will have any side effect on my prostate problems and if there is other alternatives for me?
Thank you.

Hello and thank you for the question Chester.

Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Creatine supplements can be taken even if you have enlarged prostate as there are no mentioned adverse effect on the prostate. But make sure that your liver and kidney functions are fine before using this.

Although well tolerated, but there are chances of side effects that may arise so it better to watchfully monitor yourself for any unusual effects (and report these to your doctor immediately) whenever you start any new supplement like creatine.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.