Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Hi, after a took a shower yesterday i noticed a bump between

Hi, after a took a shower yesterday i noticed a bump between my thigh and scrotum not exactly in the crease but on the scrotum side and i thought it was an ingrown hair so i tried to pop it and i couldn't, it hurt and a little light blood with clear fluid came out and now its a red bump, so I'm freaking out about it and I'm looking at std and genital herpes but i don't have anything on my genitals or penis, but i haven't had sex in but still worried because i would think my life's over if that please!
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

How big is the bump?
Is there tenderness, pain?

You may attach a photo by clicking the paper clip icon here.

Thanks for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the photos. This is not likely to be STD. This is most likely to be hair follicle infection which may have been aggravated by the popping. You may apply Betadine cream which is available over the counter. You can also apply Neosporin cream alternatively.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I could one more question, I have a little pink circle of skin that is discolored from what the penis is colored and i was wondering what that was? Its no bump or anything just my skin.

A mild yeast infection can be possibility.Monistat cream can be applied which is over the counter.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Dr. Arun