Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

even if it was a military drug test

Customer Question

i took two hits of weed smoke 20 days ago. i smoke cigs and drink occasinally but this was the first time in my life i have done weed. i just wanna know will the thc still be in my pee on the drug test. i also was exposed to second hand weed smoke but the windows wre open and i tried not to get the smoke in my face by standing on the patio while they were smoking or standing next to a window but i know i could still smell it and i was still exposed. will that also effect me.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. For a single time user the THC is detectable only up to three or at most five days after use so if it's been nearly three weeks, you won't test positive so you can rest easy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you do drug test with you patients?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes, since in addition to my family practice I run an outpatient drug and alcohol rehab program so I'm very familiar with detection times for drugs in urine, blood, and hair. You have nothing to worry about, seriously