Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Difference between internal med and family practice dr

star-full

Back on for a short time but we need to close the other page with a rating first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You dont have to help me if yoy dont want to
That's OK but I'm with some friends right now. What exactly was this about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just forget it.
Give me an hour and then I'll be free
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its fine. Ill tAlk to you tomorrow id suppose
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will you really be back in an hour or so
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know when you are back. Im just really sad
OK--but don't post anything until I come back
OK--I'm back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Hi--so what's the story with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im sad
You've said that before but sometimes I'm just not sure what it means
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I feel overwhelmed by everything. I feel like at any moment i could burst into tears
Overwhelmed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Stressed out. On edge
Who's with you right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No one.
When will someone be there then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My20 year old sister should be home about 2-230 when shes done bartending
Where's your other sister?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Her friends house for the night since she works at 5 am
So what is the biggest thing that's bothering you right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sister.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ill figure it out on my own. Bye
Later then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about last night. I just got super tired ans haf to go to bed
No problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im moving my 20 year old into an apartment by the college is is attending. Is thus a good idea
You can't be expected to keep an eye on her day and night and she's old enough to take care of herself, so, yes, I think it's a good idea
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if she ods on her meds
What if the sky falls? Not trying to be sarcastic but again you can't be her keeper the rest of her life.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But she is simple. If it was thr 17 year old id have no problem with it.
Simple how?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Shes slow. Abd she has no common sense.
Well, let's leave alone the possibility of attempted suicide. Are you saying that she can't take care of herself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no way she can take care of herself and manage her finances
You mean she can't even cook and clean and things like that for herself? And how are you handling her finances?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She can heat things up
In the microwave but thats all. Right now im not handeling her fiances. She made 2000$ since shes started working at the bar. And she has no money right now and doesnt know where it all went. She wont open a checking acct because she doesnt want the government to know about it
So is she the one that wants to move out? And I doubt she doesn't know where the money actually went
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No she really doesnt. She sat there and stared at me for ateast 15 mins trying to think of where it all went. Her social worker wants her to try it
Why is she seeing a social worker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because shes considered a
Vulnerable adult
Sorry--had to be out. So basically, by definition, she qualifies as someone who'd need an assisted living facility?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In like a group home
So is that where the social worker wants her to move to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
This is just a regulat apartment with a roommate. Its an 11 month lease
Who's the roommate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Another college student
I guess I don't understand--if she truly has been diagnosed as a vulnerable adult why does the social worker think she can live well just with another college student?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats a darn good question. I dont have the answer
Did you talk to the social worker about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No.
So why the move if you don't think it's a good idea?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because her social worker recommended it
I understand that but if you don't like the idea why didn't you talk to the social worker?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because its not my place. Maybe she will
Do ok on her own. I dont personally think she will but idk
Actually it is your place as her guardian but we'll let that go. I guess for now I'd give it a try and see how she does but you should try to be in control of her money
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But its an 11 month lease. If she fails at this its going to be in the first couple months
So what more can I say about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess nothing sorry
Promise me you won't ever use that word again unless I ask you if you're sorry. Nothing to be sorry about but I just don't have anything more to add about it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant promise but i will try really hard not to use that word
It's like the exercise in the mirror that I hope you've continued to do--we need to work on breaking the habit of your thinking just about everything is your fault either for what you do or don't do or when it's something out of your control
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its what ive slways done
I know that's why I called it a habit. Time to work on breaking that bad habit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Like i said i will try
Good--what else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont know
Well let me know when you come up with something
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How does reglan help nausea
It increases stomach emptying and hopefully aids reflux that way
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if my stomach empties fine
Even then. By the way--I noticed you've been asking about the stomach problems and the elevated gastrin levels of other experts--did you get anything new from their discussions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope not really. But im still pretty confident i have new ulcers
Could be
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess ill just have to get use to it. I dont think i will ever be free of ulcers
We'll see but for now there's nothing more to say GI wise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think ive started to snore when i sleep. I wake up with a sore throat every am and whenever i gwt up from a nap
Snoring alone doesn't usually cause that but reflux can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its just that it started like 2 weeks ago
Still sounds like reflux
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But why now?
Can't be sure--just happens sometimes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Is it possible to have pus in pee
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do i call the nurse practioner and let her know
What's it looking like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cloudy and chunks of white stuff. Stinks horribly
Remind me--what grew out of the culture and what antibiotic are you on now and for how long?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ecoli. Was put on cipro finished it this am
Then definitely you need to let the NP know. I'd go with Levaquin or Augmentin at this point
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So levaquin. Cuz i have an allergy to amoxicillin. Id rather just get a shot of rocephen and be done with it
That would probably work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im afraid shell think im not taking my antibiotic even though i did
Why would a new NP think that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Idk. Cuz ive been on 2 antibiotics that cultures showed its sensative to and i still have uti symptoms
I don't think she'll think that--just because a bug shows it's sensitive on a culture doesn't always mean that antibiotic will work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So just throw another antibiotic on it and hope it helps. This kinda sucks
That's all you can do and let's drop the bladder topic after this but that's another reason why you need to see the urologist--multiple UTI's and this one very difficult to treat along with all the blood in the urine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok whAt else? Are you ok with me seeing the NP?
OK with the NP as to what else, don't know--this page is getting long
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My regular gi dr told me i cpuld start seeing him again. And that i dont have to go to mayo for everything
You needed the Mayo for the full workup and whatever comes from that--I didn't expect them to become your permanent physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know that. But its nice to be able to see my regular gi dr
We're starting to chat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Then i guess we can close this page
OK--talk at you later then on a new one
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice