Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have a few red bumps around my anus, when I looked closely

Customer Question

I have a few red bumps around my anus, when I looked closely in the mirror and pushed I saw this white bumps inside my anus. Maybe I’m paranoid I thought it might be razor bumps, it kind of itches as well.

Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.

I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have history of constipation?

Ever blood in stool?

Have you recently shaved?

Any history of anal sex?

Kind Regards,

Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I’ve had hemorrhoids before, I'm a gay male who is a bottom

Dear Mike,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms of red bumps around your anus & white bumps inside your anus can be due to genital herpes or hemorrhoids.

Genital herpes is diagnosed by visual inspection if the outbreak is typical, and by taking a sample from the sore(s) and testing it in a laboratory.A sample of your blood or spinal fluid or bumps can be tested to establish the presence of HSV and determine which type of HSV you have.

Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection.Any type of skin-to-skin contact, however, is capable of spreading herpes.

Another possibility is of hemorrhoids(which you also had in the past).Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids.

You need:

-Rectal examination
-Anoscopy
-Blood tests.

Most probable cause can be genital herpes or hemorrhoids.Sebaceous cysts can be a possibility.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert