Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Just ejaculated, and there is fluid that is still coming out,

Just ejaculated, and there is fluid that is still coming out, not a lot just a little. Is this normal?
Hi--do you mean it's normal semen but just not as much as usual?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i ejaculated, maybe 30 minutes ago.. I usually have stuff that comes out afterwards, but it is still coming out.

What color and is there any burning now or with urination?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its clear. No burning with urination.

OK. This is probably just some extra normal fluid from your prostate gland since you have no symptoms that would indicate prostatitis--an infection. That said, you should see a doctor and get a digital (finger in the rectum) prostate exam and a urinalysis just to make certain you don't need a course of antibiotics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

actually maybe i should tell you a little more.

So I had unprotected oral sex last friday. On Monday, I started to freak out that I had an STI. There is no discharge, or pain, just felt like I always had to urinate. Like there was always urine in the tip of the urethra. I went to my Dr. yesterday, she said that she didnt think there was any STI present, but took a culture, just to ease my mind. Now, my question is; is there always a little bit of fluid in the tip of the urethra? I dont have discharge, but when I open the tip sometimes there is a little bit of fluid.

OK--usually there's going to be burning on urination with an STD but not always. No, fluid at the tip of the urethra can sometimes be pre-ejaculate, especially if a man hasn't ejaculated for some time. I don't think this is an STD but we'll have to wait for the culture results
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If this is any help, the girl just gave me oral for about 1 minute and that was it.

Very unlikely to get any STD that way--maybe chlamydia or gonorrhea but very unlikely still
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, my Dr. did give me Doxycycline just incase it was either one of those.

I started taking that last night.

I have not had sex with my current partner since the scare last friday night. How long will I have to wait if it does come back positive?

A week if it's positive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A week after i stop taking the medication or a week after I start the medication? Sorry, soo many questions

No problem--a week after you start taking the meds, but the culture results should be back before then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay... Lets go worst case scenario. Soooo lets say the culture comes back on monday, and its positive. Since I started taking the antibiotic on Thursday August 1st, the next time I could have unprotected sex with my current partner is Friday August 9th?

Friday would be fine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thanks for your help. Made a big mistake, and now i am regretting it. My Dr. said she thinks it might just be in my head, and im thinking about it too much. Hopefully thats the case!

No problem, and chlamydia is easily eradicated with the doxy if you have it, so just don't make the same mistake twice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my culture tests came back negative. do these tests also test for non specific urethritis?

Yes--that's just a term for urethritis not caused by gonorrhea but by chlamydia or trichomonas
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so if everything came back negative i am good to go?

Yes--good to go
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One last question... is Trichomoniasis also tested when a culture test is done?

Yes--that's covered too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay just making sure. I am still having a little irritation in the urerthra.. Dont know if its something that is still in the back of my head that I am over thinking or not

I think it's just worry and overthinking--nothing more
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am still worrying for some reason! Are culture tests usually accurate?

Very accurate but you can always get it repeated just to make sure