Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

2 weeks ago I fell off the ladder at home and landed on the

2 weeks ago I fell off the ladder at home and landed on the grass. My left shoulder and left leg hurt and the pain seems to be increasing. How long will I be in pain? I have not been to a doctor.
Hi--are you able to completely move the shoulder in all directions? Where exactly does the leg hurt and can you walk on it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i can move my shoulder in all directions, but it hurts. the pain is wakeing me up when i sleep. the pain in my leg is my knee and at times i am limping from the sharp pain.

Well at this point you need to see a doctor about this. While you may not have broken a bone in either your shoulder or your knee you need x-rays to make sure of that. You also need an MRI of the knee to see if you may have torn the meniscus--the cartilage inside. If those studies are normal, you still need to see a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist for customized therapy for your shoulder and knee.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why do I need to see a physiatrist? I am not mental case.

No, not a psychiatrist--a PHYSIATRIST. That's also known as a sports medicine doctor. They specialize in physical injury recovery