Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I had a broken toe (verified in an x-ray) its been & months

I had a broken toe (verified in an x-ray) its been & months now..... It seems to me the bones have healed yet the knuckle of th etoe is still large. It seems to me to be scar tissue? I hate to go the doctor and questioned if there is a check list of sorts to evaluate the urgency?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--which toe and can you tell me more about the kind of fracture? Is there any other problem with the toe now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is the second from the Big toe. I think the fracture was in the joint somewhere... It has been 8 months and there are still problems. The sharp pain has subsided yet it "the joint" is tender to the touch and twice it's original size additionally barely bends.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. Not so much scar tissue but I think there's a tendonitis--tendon inflammation--involved, and there may be tendon entrapment. I'd get an MRI of the foot and so you do need to have a doctor look at this. You might need surgery if it's bothering you that much. This isn't urgent as in it needs to be done right now, but you should have it checked out soon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was afraid of that......

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, the good part is that it's just the toe and not a finger. I don't think you're going to have any permanent problem here but you still may need surgery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It must be addressed.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure but please let me how it goes and don't forget to rate my service to you
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice