Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Is it normal and common for metal and plastic objects to stick

Is it normal and common for metal and plastic objects to stick to the skin? I noticed that when I place metal and plastic objects to my skin they stick for at least 15 minutes on completely dry skin. When I place metal objects, such as, forks and spoons to my forehead and chest the stick for several minutes while I stand upright and my skin is not damp or wet at all. Is this a rare ability and rare skin disease, such as, Sticky Skin Syndrome? Is this something that any body can do or a rare ability and rare skin disease? What is the cause? Please answer all of these questions?

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Is it normal and common for metal and plastic objects to stick to the skin? No it is not normal or common unless you have sweaty or dirty or oily skin.

Is this a rare ability and rare skin disease, such as, Sticky Skin Syndrome? This would be uncommon.

Is this something that any body can do or a rare ability and rare skin disease? It could possibly be a rare skin disease but you would have to see a Dermatologist in your area for an exam and possible biopsies.

What is the cause? The cause of things sticking to your skin would include sweaty skin, oily skin, residue from lotions you have used or other skin/beauty products, or even static electricity holding the objects to the skin.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need a little more clarity. Is this something any body can do? Can most people cause metal and plastic objects to stick to their skin for several minutes

Hi there. Just make sure you keep your skin clean and dry. No, not many people can cause this to happen unless they already have something on their skin such as lotion or a residue from a bath and body product they have used or unless they are oily or sweaty. In the setting of clean and dry skin, it would be very dificult to make this happen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know if static electricity or oil, sweaty, or dirty skin causing objects to stick to my skin rare? What I need to know is if it is rare enough to charge people to see me do this like in other countries? I also have cold urticaria, where I breakout in hives for cold or ice and need to know if this is rare as well and can I put on a show and charge a small amount for people to see this? I need money quickly and trying to find a quick solution. Thank you for your help.