Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

Hi, I am a male, 27 years old. I have multiple boils around

Hi, I am a male, 27 years old. I have multiple boils around my pubic area. some small, some slightly bigger. It is not close together. after few days, it produces puss & blood when pressed. & it seems that new boils pops up after I pressed ones that have formed a head. Is this something that I need to be wary of? I'm worried if its a symptom of herpes or something.

medtech254 :

Herpes normally start as a burning and redness that progresses to red bumps and then blisters that rupture and crust. What you are describing would not be herpes related.

medtech254 :

Are you diabetic?

medtech254 :

This is something you will want to get checked in an office visit since it is a continual problem and not an isolated incident.

medtech254 :

It is very important to keep the area clean and dry. The best thing to keep the area free of moisture would be gold bond powder of another medicated powder.

Customer:

I am not diabetic. Although I am overweight

medtech254 :

This can be caused by an infection, diabetes, etc.

medtech254 :

With large individuals it of course is very hard to control the heat and moisture that is normally in the area.

Customer:

I read around the net & wonder does herpes occur only at the penis shaft area?

medtech254 :

The powder will help this and soothe the discomfort.

medtech254 :

Hepres can be anywhere in the genital area.

medtech254 :

This sounds much different than herpes though.

medtech254 :

Why do you suspect herpes?

Customer:

I am just worried. Sometimes I have sex. Usually protected. Although this have been occuring even before this. Not so frequent as now though.

Customer:

so if it started off as round bumps, & progress to a white head. it is just a normal boils?

medtech254 :

Yes this would be in line with normal boils and not herpes lesions.

medtech254 :

But

medtech254 :

Since this is a constant problem it is important to get in with the dr to figure out what is causing this and stop it once and for all.

Customer:

I see.

medtech254 :

So like I said make sure to keep the area clean and dry in addition to adding medicated powder.

Customer:

So you recommend that I meet with a doctor to solve this problem?

medtech254 :

Also loose fitting undergarments like boxers will help keep the area ventilated and dryer than briefs.

Customer:

& how long does it usually take for it to heal?

medtech254 :

You for sure want to get an appt with the dr to address the cause so this does not continue to happen.

medtech254 :

Healing depends on the cause. If it is related to an infection then once the infection is dealt with healing is usually in a couple of weeks. It really depends on what is causing it.

Customer:

Ok. thank you for your help.

medtech254 :

You are very welcome! Please don't forget to rate my answer today so I get credit. Thanks for using Just Answer!