Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have an itchy red patch on my penis that seems to have a

I have an itchy red patch on my penis that seems to have a bump in the center. It has only been on there for a day or so and I was wondering if I should wait a few days before being concerned and wondered if I could get an opinion on what it might be. Any reply would help!
Hi--when was your last episode of unprotected sex? Can you tell me more about the bump?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3 days ago with my girlfriend of a year. It is more of a red, swollen patch of skin with a small bump in the middle resembling a mosquito bite.

So this is a single bump and does it look at all like a blister?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is isolated and has never occurred before. Does not look like a blister in my opinion. My initial thought was maybe an insect bite...

OK--this sounds as though you might have balanitis--a yeast infection and not an STD. You could try Lamisil cream three times a day for a week for that to see if it resolves, but if it doesn't you'd need prescription ketoconazole cream. That said, since I can't examine you I'm obligated to suggest you have a doctor look at this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could a picture help at all? If you deal that way. I have no medical insurance so my former family doctor is out of the question.

No problem. You can post it here or at Snapfish, Photobucket, or Imageshack and give me the link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Got it--is that a bump or a crater? It almost looks gouged out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It isn't a crater. To the touch it feels like a bump. What do you mean 'gouged out'?

Like a crater--a hole rather than a bump. But no worry here--still looks like balanitis so give the Lamisil cream a try and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I will give it a go. Thanks!

My pleasure--any time