Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Doc hello. didnt feel good so decided to fight it on ky own.

Doc hello. didnt feel good so decided to fight it on ky own. Well its not working. I am so consumed with fear about our car trip not to get blood clots u cant even imagine
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 12 months ago.
Are you saying that you might not even make the trip because of your fears?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

i have to go whether i am scared or not but i am shaking with fear

Why is this so hard this time when you've made trips like this before and nothing happened?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

no thats the thing tne longest we went was 6 hours now its 15

And I suppose you can still stop and walk for a few minutes after about every two hours on the road?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

yes will do that

That's all anyone has to do to keep the blood in the leg veins flowing and that by itself will take away and risk of developing leg clots
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ok our family doc said take aspirin and compresion stockins whats ur advice. i personally never took aspirin in my life dont even know if i am allergic

I think the aspirin is overkill but unless you're allergic to it that would be OK. No problem with the stockings
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

what u ,ean by overkill. and i dont know if i a,allergic. so far i a, allergic to penicillin and shelfish and peanuts

As in it's not needed. You could take an aspirin before you go to see if you're allergic but it isn't very likely you are.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

what will i feel if i sm i wont go on anafeleptic shock am i

Write that again--it didn't quite make sense
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

i asked what will i fee if i am allergic i wont go into anafaleptic shock am i

Well, if you worry about that then don't take any aspirin. Like I said, I don't think you need to take it for the trip anyway
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

why u think i don

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

why u dont think i need it its a long trip

Because I don't think anyone would need it even if they drove the whole way without any stopping. Like I said before, all you need to do is get out and walk a little every two hours--that's a simple way of taking away the risk.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ok doc my husband decided to drive 11 hours first day tillnsavanah. i did buy stockins. now the doctor told 20/30 so i got these. but it says on thwm mens does it matter. u think they will help

As long as they fit you and are a little tight that's fine. They are safe and can help
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

doc ok hello we haveeen

driving since 6 30 we stopped after 3 hours and now driving again. he is stopping every 3 hours or so. i am in the back sit laying. very worrid. ok so tell me is that safe to drive for 11 hours. my stockings r tight feels hot i constantly move my legs just going crazy

It's perfectly safe and stopping every three hours is fine. The stockings are supposed to be tight and that will be fine. Let's close this page with a rating and you can tell me on a new page how you're doing once the traveling is over
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice