Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

I feel like i have to pee. I am showing no discharge, or burning,

I feel like i have to pee. I am showing no discharge, or burning, just feels like there is pee in the tip. What could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have this symptom?
Do you have excessive/frequent urination?
Ever blood in urine?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Since monday. No blood in the urine. Its not a major pain or anything, it just is an annoying feeling

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you have described can be due to various causes:Infection of the prostate gland can be the most common cause of this symptom.(prostatitis).

Other possible causes can be:interstitial cystitis(an ongoing inflammation of the bladder),overactive bladder syndrome,urinary incontinence(loss of bladder control),stroke and other neurological diseases,dysfunction of bladder.

Following tests are required:

-Urinalysis & urine culture and sensitivity tests
-Cystoscopy
-Cystometry (a measurement of the pressure within the bladder),
-Some neurological tests

Only after these tests exact diagnosis can be made.Most probable cause seems to be prostatitis.These symptoms are not serious & it is not an emergency.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

If it was prostatitis, would there be any other symptoms?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes, usually prostatitis can be there with only one symptom of frequent or continuous urge to urinate.

"Feeling to have pee continous"/frequent urge to urinate is a very common symptom of acute prostatitis.

Acute prostatitis is usually caused by a bacterial infection of the prostate gland.Antibiotics is usually prescribed if the infection is confirmed & it is completely curable with it.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your urologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So, this likely is not an STD?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking second follow up question.

As you do not have any other symptom (as of now) like discharge from penis,any bumps,redness etc,it does not seem to be due to an STD.

Most probably this can be due to acute prostatitis.if prostatitis is ruled out or any other symptom comes out,then STD can be considered accordingly.

But I think the symptoms you have described is most probably due to prostate gland disorder &the tests described above can confirm exactly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted urologist?
What was final diagnosis made?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert