Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I have a dull pain and noticed a lump or swelling under the

I have a dull pain and noticed a lump or swelling under the skin Monday evening. The bump is on my right side right about waistline. I have no other symptoms to my knowledge. When i apply pressure it gives off a dull pain.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

How big is the lump?

Is it hard or soft to touch?

Is it under the skin or you can see it?

Does it disappear when you lie down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its smaller than yesterday. Yesterday it was longer and horizontal. Today its smallerand about 3you fingertips in diameter. It' s under the the skin. You cannot see it and there is no bruising or marks above skin. It is hard. I can still feel it when i lay down. Its on my side not my stomach.
Hello susan. Thanks for the helpful info.

There are two possibilities:

1. Lipomatous swelling that contains fat.
2. Lymph node in the abdominal wall.

Both these conditions are benign and does not require any active treatment. The diagnosis is done purely by clinical examination and confirmed by ultrasound.
However, I would suggest that you see your GP for a physical examination. If there is any need for confirmation, you can get an ultrasound done.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Thanks Susan.

If you have any new questions for me, you can request me as DR. BORA only in the opening statement of the question, I would be glad to help you.

It was a pleasure assisting you!