Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi I have a kind of red area on the hed of my penis toward

Customer Question

Hi
I have a kind of red area on the hed of my penis toward the shaft it's painless and not itchy and not causing me any problem I really can't describe it well may be better I can submit a pic
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mike,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Please post the picture. You may click the paper clip icon to attach the picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike for the picture.

Do you have history of unsafe sex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am married and I don't have sex outside my marriage.

Wife is healthy and sometimes we have sex with or without condoms.
Since when is the red area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a month or more ..
Hi Mike,

This is likely to be;

1) Condom allergy
2) Yeast infection; over the counter yeast cream would be recommended.
3) Non specific mild inflammation; resolves spontaneously.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what are you prescribing for me?

if allergy or yeast?

It doesn't seam to be healing by itself though
Mike,

I would prescribe following initially;

1) Avoid using condom.
2) Claritin-D tablet.
3) Benadryl cream.

If these measures do not respond in 10 days than apply over the counter yeast cream (Monistat) for 10 days.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much!

Is this session going to be open for me to follow up with you after 10 days?
You are very welcome, Mike.

Yes this is open always for the customer.

Please provide a positive rating (Excellent / good), if this has been helpful to you as this is the only way we experts are paid for time and expertize. Follow up questions can be asked even after rating.

Best regards
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I couldn't find Benadryl cream where I live.

Is Pimafucort ok to be used as replacement ?

Thanks
Mike,

Pimafucort contains steroid and neomycin; both of which are not necessary in your case. Ask the pharmacist for an other steroid free allergy cream.

Best