Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Had noticed dark color in bowel movements lately and today

Had noticed dark color in bowel movements lately and today it was a pale green, should I be worried?
Hi--what did you mean by dark color and are you having any diarrhea or abdominal pain? Have you ever had a colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the green color really wonders me and no I have not had a colonscopy.

OK--but you mentioned dark stools--as in black? Have your stools been loose and again any cramping or abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes black no unusual pain or cramping

Just one other question--any problem with indigestion or heartburn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing unusual or out of the ordinary

OK. If a bowel movement is truly black--as in like black tar and not just dark brown--that indicates an upper GI bleeding as with a bleeding ulcer or gastritis, even if there's no major problem with heartburn. Green stools, on the other hand, may only represent something you've eaten but they could also indicate a malabsorption problem as in a gall bladder condition or a pancreatic insufficiency problem. I suggest you see your doctor about this and you need both upper and lower endoscopy and a stool sample to see exactly what's going on here.