A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Thanks so much for your very kind and professional answer!

Thanks so much for your very kind and professional answer! Exercise is a wonderful option; something that I need, and that will undoubtedly help me!!!

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. Thanks so much for requesting me.

You're so very welcome! It was a pleasure answering your questions.

Asthma and severe allergies must be quite a handful to deal with. When we were first doing clinical studies with psychoneuroimmunology it was with very sick HIV patients. Even simple exercises in a chair for 30 minutes twice a week really helped with their depression. That was in the mid-1990s. Since then studies have been done with many different kinds of chronic illnesses, all with some success. Having to deal with any chronic illness (not just the life-threatening ones) takes a toll on one's emotions, and exercise can help.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.