Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a question regarding hair test? I have been a recreational

I have a question regarding hair test?

I have been a recreational drug user (nothing heavy ie pot, coke over the last 10 years) but for much of the last year only used seldomly to none at all.

I recently did a very small amount of cocaine about 2 weeks and just found out I have a hair test for pre-employment screening in a week.

My question is will this small amount show up in the test? I shaved my head several months ago and have short hair also.
It's unlikely this soon that the cocaine will show up on the test unless they take the hair down to your scalp. That said, even a small amount will eventually show up in the hair as it grows out further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only used a relatively small amount on July 13th and my test is on August 6th, I believe from everything I have read that they always take out the hair from the scalp.

Do you still think that this time frame will more than likely yield a negative result?

Thank you for your response!

I still think you'll be negative but we'll just have to wait and see
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sure hope that is the case, I haven't used the drug in a long time and shaved my head months ago and that would have erradicted the prior usage.

Hopefully the amount I used being so small and the time period will correspond to a negative result, but I am un-certain and just hoping for the best.

Would cutting my hair a bit down be advantageous at all?

No, don't cut your hair--that won't help here. With such a small amount I really think you'll pass
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks again and I appreciate your input, have a nice day.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you