Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Doctor I cantt reach her now. She is leaving the the morning

Customer Question

Doctor I cant't reach her now. She is leaving the the morning for two weeks to Russia. Besides I can't take just anything for a UTI I can not have anything with sulpa. I usually take Macrobid fo this.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Got your question this time. Can you talk to the nurse again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I left a message for her but I don't if I will get a ca;ll back the doctor is leaving for two weeks. I think i had a allergic reaction to Cipro but can't remember for sure. If I really have a UTI, I need macrobid

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you can't be sure then definitely you shouldn't take the Cipro. If you can't make contact, and you have no symptoms of an UTI, it would be OK not to have any antibiotics right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only thing I have had was the back ache remember? I thought I had stones again that is why I went to the urologists. And they took a urine test as well and it was good

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Without any burning on urination or frequent urination or lower abdominal pain, I wouldn't say you have any symptoms of a UTI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have frequent urination sometimes but only back pain. I have had many many UTI'S and normally I urinate blood and it hurts and is so uncomfortable.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't sound then as though you have a UTI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay so I don't need to take antibiotic at all?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

I don't think so, no

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay the nurse just called me back and said the doctors is gone for two weeks but she wants to see you when she comes back about your lab work she said there is no urgency but she wanted to talk to you about your lab work. I asked her can u tell me about my magnesium and potassium, calcium levels she said they were fine. I said what about my vitamin D levels she said I need to make an appt for you to talk with the doctor so I had to make the appt she wouldnt tell me anymore other then because I didnt have cipro down as a allegic reaction in my chart she said I can not give you anything else so if you dont need it then just dont take it. She said it is the start of a UTI and we are culturing it to see if there is naything more.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then you really don't need antibiotics for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so two weeks should be okay as long as I keep drinking water?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--no problem there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks Doctor. So it sounds like I have enough magnesium so what could be causing these cramps?

I have only seen this doctor twice I faxed all of my last prior ct scans and mri scans and last lab work because she asked for all of it. For some reason the nurse was kind of rude of the phone and normally she is really nice.

You don't suppose they talked to the other nurse who didnt like me and got me dimissed from the last doctor do you?

He said I could come back to him but i never felt comfortable after that so I never went back to him.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't think they talked to the other nurse. Even with the normal numbers, try the supplement and see if it helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what supplement doctor?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--I had to me off. The one you told me about that I said had magnesium and calcium in it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doctor,

I have been out of town all week and now I am home.

I am getting ready to start the benadryl and caladryl .

I also picked up the prescription cipro that the doctor ordered for me.

I noticed some light pink urine on toilet paper but I have been seeing that for about a year now.

The cipro is 250mg and there is only 6 of them. It says take two a day since I just got them should I start it tomorrow in the morning? Is it suppose to be with food or not? Also will it hurt if I do benadryl with it? I am going to get a bite to eat so I will read your answer when I get home.

thank you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Take them without food and you can start in the morning. No problem with taking the benadryl along with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one more thing. I was driving about 5 hours today and into about the 3 hour I started cramping in my right buttock area. So I put it on cruise until it went away. Why am I getting cramps in all of these weird areas?

Labwork came back but they told me the doctor will hav eto go over them with me and its not emergency but there are things that need to be addressed with the doctor.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not cramping in the same area all the time or all over your body isn't unusual with a magnesium problem and if there's lab work to go over you may have a magnesium deficiency problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the nurse said magnisum was ok. Is it normal to only take 6 pills for a UTI of cipro for 3 days?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's the standard course and let me know what it was about the labs that needed discussion when you find out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you doctor. I will let you know what happens with these pills as well.

Doctor one more thing how much benadryl do I take? I dont have the caladrl cream yet but I was thinking about starting the benadryl without the cream should I so that?

It feel like thick scabs on the back of my head near the base nap of neck. Also the inside of my ears are itchy real bad especially my right one. They have been this way for a couple of years but are getting worse along with the itching on the back of my head.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. The benadryl dose is 25mg every 6 hours as needed. You can start that right away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took the benadryl and the cipro this morning it says two cipro a day when do I take another cipro?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
This evening, either an hour before or an hour after dinner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have this small pain under my left breast and I have had it for about 24 hours. I thought it might be a gas bubble but I chewed 2 gas x last night and had a good bowel movement this morning so I am not sure what it is.

Its not a horrible pain its just there.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Is this like the pain you've had there before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I I don't think so.Not sure about that. It truly feels like gas but not sure.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me a little more about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well lets see I noticed it more when I breath. and take a deep breath sometimes I feel it sometimes I don't. It is a light pain and under my left breast in the middle. Not sure what else I can give you doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor I sent this to you and I received an email saying it is now opened to ALL health providers. I notice that this does seem to be a constant pain just not a bad one.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay--I had to be off. So it comes and goes or is it constantly there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does both. Right now I can't tell its even there. I took a nap I am so sleepy I am not sure if the benadryl is making me sleepy but something is.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The benadryl can make you sleepy. The chest discomfort isn't your heart and it is probably just as you say a gas problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like the pain has gone for now. Although I notice it was constant for about 18 hours. Thanks for confirming that doctor
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem--let's close this page and we can talk later on a new one. I don't think you'll have any problem getting ahold of me
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor I have this weird pain in my right breast now I am laying down working on my IPad and it just came on for no reason.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Same sort of pain as on the left side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was totally different and really intense. It's gone now thank goodness .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes you use the term breast and I can't be sure if you really mean your breast or chest wall or inside your chest?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well its inside he breast area but I think it is best chat wall most of the time.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And is the area ever tender to push on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Tenderness. The last pain was like flashing but pretty intense. It was probably pain flashing like brought the breast.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did it hurt to take a deep breath?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And it lasted for how long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my right breast area maybe 2 or 3 mins and then gone.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Was it sharp or burning or tingling--what was it like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT was someway sharp. It laws like flashing on off on off real quickly. I prayed fast please be nothing and go away and it was gone.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And yet the pain on the other side was completely different?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I was completely different. Notice I feel my left breast feels tender once in a while like it did the other day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And you say you've never had this happen before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I can remember
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well it's a little hard to tell you what it was but it doesn't sound like your heart. People can have a brief bout of pleurisy--kind of a nerve pinch in the lining of the lung and nothing serious. I don't think you need worry about it but mention it to your doctor the next time you see her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pleurisy that is interesting because. Notice some light wheezing today although my window is opened and I is very windy.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Wheezing isn't associated with pleurisy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe some asthma kicked in a little but gone now lasted only for about 30 ins or so
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing to worry about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this allergy medication d something to me? I feel like I am kind of itchy on my arms
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The benadryl?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a generic aergy pill like Benadryl. I just ate an no more itching now.
I am having some weird stuff happening again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let's be brief for now if we can, dear--it's near my bedtime. What weird stuff?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like all the cramping and pain and just stuff I have talked to you about lately. Please go to bed I am good for now.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--talk to you again on a new page
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

My hands feel kind of prickly

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--is this new and can you explain it a bit more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes its new. Its gone now but it felt like pins kind of in both hands I took a benadryl and took a nap and its gone now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
All of both your hands and nowhere else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just my hands and it was light

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And no redness or rash or breaking out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seemed like just my fingers, it even itched a little bit I felt I was having allergic reaction to something maybe the cipro not sure I took my last one just now and I took the benadryl earlier and now its gone. No redness or rash that I noticed on my fingers

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then it was just a small allergic reaction and nothing more--nothing to worry about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the benadryl seemed to have stopped most of the itching on my head. But the benadryl makes me so sleepy I have to go to bed. Also how long do I need to take benadryl for? I never got the caladryl cream I ordered it but it hasn't come yet. Is this something that will go away ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You can try Claritin or Zyrtec--they tend not to make people drowsy. You can take any of these for as long as it takes for this to go away. As for the Caladryl, it's available at most every drug store like Walgreens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh I didn't know that. Well i should have it on Monday I think. Should I use it even if I don't itch? If feels like scaby on the back off my head near the base hairline. What causes this and what is it exactly?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'd have to be able to see it to tell you for sure--could be psoriasis or just an inflammatory eczema. No, you don't need to use it if you don't itch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what would cause either one of those? Could using bleach on my hair cause it? I tint my roots once every 6 weeks.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, psoriasis is a kind of autoimmune disorder and I don't think anyone knows exactly why one particular person gets it. The inflammatory eczema just happens I'm afraid, although stress can aggravate it. I'd suggest you forego dying your hair for a while to see if that clears it up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh my doctor I am afraid I can not do that. I will have to live with the itching. I will start taking zyrtec. I can not go with grey roots sorry, just can't do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Athough I always ask the hair dresser what it looks like and she said not bad just some light pink back here.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--I was off. That's OK and it probably isn't due to the dying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

i was wondering about something I have heard a aspirin a day keeps the doctor away I mean basically its suppose to be good for your heart.

I know when I chew up a baby aspirin it hurts my stomach and after to many days of these there is blood in my stool. Is the baby aspirin better to take if it is quoted ? Will it do the same thing?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Have you had a colonoscopy recently--sorry if you have and I just don't remember?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its okay doctor I know you have talked to a lot of different people on here.

Yes I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and they were both good and I was told they will see me again in 10 years for the colonoscopy. I know that chewable aspirins make my stomach hurt they always have and I notice i bleed after taking them for a few days.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, folks with gastritis, ulcers, reflux and sensitive stomachs do get stomach symptoms from aspirin and ibuprofen and naprosyn. And if daily aspirin causes any unusual bleeding like what you have it really is better not to take it but you should discuss that with your doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh really okay. I was not aware of this. I know that in 2010 they did a ultra sound on my carotid artery and I was looking over that test recently and it said less then 50%. So I was thinking maybe I should start taking an aspirin a day. To help thin my blood out. I was on 10mg zocor but the old doctor told me this can't help me in any kind of way so he told me not to take it anymore.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well the aspirin thing is more for folks that have had a heart attack or are known to have significant coronary artery disease
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well is the less then 50% a good or bad thing? I always thought if you are blocked 60% then you have to have surgery.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Less than 50% is not bad but you need it checked every two years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't been checked since 2010. I will request another check when the doctor comes back in town. So ask for a ultra sound right?

Doctor I am making an appt to see a ENT Otolaryngology I heard he is really good. But I am fillingout their application right now and they are asking if I am Hyperparathyroidism. I don't know am I ? I take 100mcg synthroid.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--a doppler ultrasound flow study. I doubt if you're hyperparathyroid but of course you would have been checked for that in the past if there had been a large rise in your serum calcium so just say you have never been told you were
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I take synthroid what does that mean I am hypo or hyper?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It means you're HYPOthyroid--low thyroid. But that has nothing to do with your parathyroid glands
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh okay I understand now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else for now because this page is getting very long and we need to close it with another rating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Talk to you later then on a new page when you need me
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor I just bought liquid gel zyrtec 10 mg how do I take this medication for my itching head? It doesn't have nay directions on here.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's a once every 24 hours dosage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Again, my pleasure dear--any time
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor I keep getting a head ache in the left part of my head near my temple and top of head. It's bad enough I grab my head and then it's gone.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Is this something new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes this is new.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How often does it happen and how long does it last?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well light headaches started a week or so ago or maybe a little longer. Then the intense ones started a couple days back last only for seconds. yesterday evening every few seconds and came and went I took two Ibuprofen 200mg and went to bed and it went away.

The pain is intense when it happens. But my head feels numb kind of in those areas but my head has felt weird for a long time though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well light headaches started a week or so ago or maybe a little longer. Then the intense ones started a couple days back last only for seconds. yesterday evening every few seconds and came and went I took two Ibuprofen 200mg and went to bed and it went away.
The pain is intense when it happens. But my head feels numb kind of in those areas but my head has felt weird for a long time now. I am having trouble getting through today I keep getting an error message trouble with site.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--the site is off any on. I don't know what you mean by numb?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Certain parts of my head has somewhat of a numb feeling I thought the headaches might be caused because of my thyroid medication maybe being off some way. Because I have had headaches before and it was that. BUT like I said before the light headaches started a week or so ago then a day or so ago the headaches got intense once in a while. It appears to be in my left temple and straight to the top of my head. Pain is severe enough I grab my head then its gone. I have taken a few Ibuprofens 200mg and it goes away for a while. I feel it trying to come on again now but it hasn't come back. The back of my head for a few years since I past out in 2010 feels weird to like light numbness back there. I noticed my neck a few days ago was throbbing in the middle and went to the back of my head with light pan and then went away that happened twice.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, these sound like what are called ice pick headaches--very intense for a very short period of time. They aren't dangerous and don't indicate anything like a brain tumor or an aneurysm but if they become bothersome the usual medication for them is indomethacin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Really doctor it doesn't sound like a possible aneurysm?

I was so worried that might be my problem. So are you saying and ice pack would help when I get the pain it is normally a short lived one thank goodness. I feel tired from it and it is still slightly in my left temple. Just a very light pressure kind of with like a crawling sometime kind of feel.

Its hard to explain doctor I am sorry.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, an aneurysm produces a very severe headache that is constant and not just a few seconds. No--not ice pack--ice PICK headaches like if someone were stabbing your had with an ice pick. Try taking the ibuprofen every eight hours for the next few days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor I am so very grateful for your knowledge and love for your profession. I will do as you say. Thank you again for your dedication and your willingness to help others such as myself.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the kind words, dear, and have a great Sabbath tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One more question please?
May I ask what causes these types of headaches?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
They are a little like short migraines or what's called vascular headaches--just a bit of extra blood flow in the area but nothing dangerous
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again Doctor and you too have a wonderful Sabbath.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Take care dear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

I need to pick your brain a little bit on something. I have a full time Missionary who lives here he is serving a two year mission. He has been out in the mission field for 1 year he has been on antibiotics for about 5 months. He has these boil like spots that started on the back of his neck and on his chest and below the belt area and he just got over a UTI. He only stays in an area only for 3 months and then get transferred to another city.

Here is a list of the medications he has taken in 5 months:

tetracycline

keflex

cephlexa --- I think that is how he spelled it

cipro 10 days

kelfelx again

doxcerlene --- I think this is how its spelled

reflex + ceplex

He is allergic to anything in the cillin family, pennicillin, amoxicillin. ampiccilin and do on.

This young man is only 19 ans very skinny and he said from all of this medication his joints hurt. I started him on a probiotic today. Do you have any ideas doctor. My opinion he has had way to many antibiotics.

Also before he served his mission he was in Thailand for two weeks and he also had some liver issues and was in the hospital for two weeks and was released in good health to serve a mission. I didn't know men got UTI'S ?? Any ideas here?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why exactly was he placed on these antibiotics?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor he said all of the doctors he has seen told him it is an infection. I am concerned doctor he appears to be depressed and he is very very skinny he is was white this is unusual considering he walks all day and is out in the sun. Any idea what may be going on here? He said that one doctor told him it was acne all the others said its in infection. Two days ago they lanced 3 or 4 on them on his neck and I asked him was there clear liquid or what he said only blood.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did the doctors run any tests to see what might be going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said they have done blood test and cultures and they come back with its an infection and we will try another antibiotic. But he gets transferred to another area and therefore a new doctor steps in and it appears they start all over again and it seems like its a process of elimination.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I can't be sure here but I would check a full panel of blood work looking for anemia, low thyroid, vitamin deficiencies, and, I hate to have to tell you this but there could be an immune system problem like with cancer or even HIV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last night before we left him he was given a blessing. I know without any doubt he works for The Lord and this must be something that can be healed. I will ask him where was his last lab work done and try to get my hands on them to give you more information. He told me for a very long time he had heart burn but after started all of these antibiotics it finally went away.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--let me know about the labs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Again my pleasure dear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

I just received a copy of my current lab results hold on while I type in any L or H or negatives on it. I won't see my doctor until next week. I will be seeing a ENT tomorrow and I will give him this report. Give me a few minutes to type everything.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anion Gap -17 - H

Glucose- 108 - H

Cholesterol- 210 - H

Vitamin B-12-- 924 - H

Vitamin D 25-OH--29.0 - L

WBC-- 4.1-- L

Urine results:

UA LeukEsterase-- Positive --- H

UA WBC--- 5-10---H

UA Squam Epith----3+ H

UA Bacteria ---- 2+ H

Urine culture:

clean catch

final report

>100,000 CFU/ml

usual commensual colonizing flora consistent with collection site contamination.

Susceptibilities not indicated

Urine ketones--Trace (5mg/dl) A

Testosterone --- 60.12

ca-125 antigen --- 13

Estriol, Serum ----0.05

Pregnenolone ---58

DHEA sufate---237.0

Estradiol (E2) --21.7

Progesterone---0.30

This is about it doctor sorry it took so long other things kept popping up like work.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--give me a few minutes to look over all that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok doctor

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'll get back to you in just a few hours--have to be off until then. I'll post on this page when I'm back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

I haven't hear back from you. I hope all is well with you. Please advise further on all of the lab results I gave you.

Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So sorry, dear--I was away. Give me just a little time later today and I'll tell you about the labs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay doctor. But you have me worried I hope my labs are not that bad.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No they aren't but don't post here until I get back to you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--I'm back. Your hormones all all consistent with menopause. Your cholesterol is a bit high. Your vitamin D is just a little low. The white could is slightly low but nothing worrisome. Doesn't look like a urinary tract infection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

B12 was really high. I stopped taking my B12 for now on my own.The WBC has been low since I past out in 2010. It stays between 4.0 and 4.1.

Should I step up the Vitamin D3 some? I wa taking 5000 IU but I am taking 2000 IU for about 6 months or so. What is all of the Highs on the urine stuff mean? And as far as the hormones go is there anything I can do?

What about the thyroid?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
There's nothing on there about your thyroid functions. A high B12 is nothing to worry about. Talk to your doctor about increasing the vitamin D. Nothing needs to be done about the hormones. You had some bacteria and white cells in your urine but the culture show's you didn't have a UTI. The epithelial cells are just from the skin of your vagina
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well should I not take B12 for a while? Also what about the glucose and cholesterol?

Triglycerides---- 87

HDL cholesterol-- 73

LDL Chol Calc------ 120

calcium total --- 10.2

chol/hdl ratio ----2.87

vldl, chol, calc-----17

TSH 3rd gen-----1.879

T4 Free------1.32

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No more B12 for a while and the glucose and cholesterol are only slightly high. The thyroid looks fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

anything I can do for the cholesterol or glucose?

I saw a ENT today I like him he told me he thinks he can help with the dizziness he said I believe you have what we call ( benign positional vertigo) BPV he gave me some moves to do with the head and he said it could take a month or less or maybe more do these moves twice a day. He said if it goes away it could come back.

He said I am more concerned about this passing out then the dizziness. He said I encourage to see a cardiologists and neurologists as passing out is a sign of not enough blood getting to the head.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you can lose ten pounds or more that should take care of the cholesterol and the glucose. Those are called Epley maneuvers. But haven't you had your heart checked out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well not really doctor. I went to see a cardiologists and he asked me a few questions and that was it and said it doesn't sound like the heart to me and that was it. No test of any kind although I had a EKG about two weeks ago

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So you haven't had an echocardiogram to look at your heart valves?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Tell me again about the passing out spells
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I eat sugar of any kind I feel dizzier and very very tired. I went to the temple a couple of days ago walked up 4 flights of stairs total of 32 steps and OMG I was so out of breath it was horrible.

May 2010 I had lithotripsy for kidney stones 3 or 4 days after that i fell asleep on the bed with my clothes on woke up at 1:00am went to the walk in closet to change my closet I reached up to get my gown and I felt light headed and next thing I know I woke up on the closet floor. So I didn't think anything about it I thought maybe I got up to fast from the bed. So I changed my clothes went back to bed. Woke up a couple hours later needing to have diarrhea went to the bathroom past out on the toilet and by that time I wasn't thinking at all I was seeing black and white no color.

I was only steps from my bed and got up and tried to make it to the bed and past again hit the bed and my husband said I was out for about 4 or 5 mins. He never called 911. when I came to he helped me to the bed and I went to sleep and helped me go to the bathroom a few times that night. I was very anxious and lightheaded and afraid of falling and hot flashes started immediately and left side of my neck hurt in the front to the touch and felt feverish. So 3 days later I saw the urologists and he said you still have the stones and one is a 9mm or 10mm it is lodged in the urether and must come out I told him what happened and explained I can not go under anesthetic I afraid I won't wake up. He said its because of the stones I was dizzy I said I disagree I can not have anymore anesthetic. 3 or 4 days later I passed the 9mm stone.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK but I don't consider feeling tired and dizzy the same as passing out. This doesn't sound like a heart problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One doctor said he believed it was a stroke and another said it was a seizure. I don't know what is was BUT I don't want it happening again it was a horrible helpless feeling and to be honest my husband is not very helpful he didn't even call 911 for me. I was diagnosed as severe hypoglycemia in 1998 and I past out on a Sunday the paramedics came and said my sugar level. Was very low and bottomed out. The night I past out it didn't feel like that at all. When my sugar gets low I shake and sweat and can not think and everything starts getting black around me. I nee to eat sugar quickly and then protein to get the sugar level up. In 2010 it wasn't like that at all.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry dear--I had to be off. We need to close this page with a rating and then we can continue on a new page