Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Hi! Im William and Im 30 years old. I have recently been having

Hi! Im William and Im 30 years old. I have recently been having pains in my ankle. It is somewhere at the very lower back part, in between the achilles tendon and the sole. It has gotten so bad that I have to walk with a limp and on my toes. This has been going on for5 months. Also I have burning and stabbing pains at the outer part of my tibia on both legs. It feels almost like a cramp but no constrictions, just the pain. Also I have had an apendectomy 10 years ago and ever since i have had back problems ranging from cramp like pain on the very least to my whole body from the breast down being paralized (the same exact feeling when i had the spinal anesthesia) for about 15 mins and then the sensations gradually coming back. This whole paralysis takes about 40 mins to an hour from start to finish. This has happened to me twice. The other types of back pain is when i hear and feel a pop in my back and then a very bad pain comes after leaving me with basically no movement whatsoever except for creeping very slowly to find a seat or lay down on the ground. This pain will last for days even weeks. Lying down helps but only until i start moving where the pain comes back all over again. I have had several xrays but to no diagnosis. Nothing is wrong they said. Also I can say now for the last year that my back has been in constant pain and I would probably rate it a 7 out of 10 but since it has already been so long, i have gotten used to it and maybe rate it a 5 out of 10. Now i am having joint pains in my elbow, knees and fingers. Sometimes half of my hand would go numb from the pinky finger side to the middle finger for no reason and will last for about an hour escpecially when i sleep or rest. I am just wondering if any of these are connected and what sort of professional do i have to see to figure all of these out. Most doctors would just say to get some rest since Im too young to have anything serious but since rest often doesnt help, what can I do?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your health problems.

Firstly, I would like to know if you ever had an MRI test of the back done?

Secondly, have any of your doctors checked for anitibodies like ANA?

What treatments / medicines have you taken for theback pain or pain in general?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I havent done any of that. I have only taken regular pain medications like mefenamic acid 500mg and ibuprofen 200mg. Do you have any guesses?

Thanks for the reply william.

Sorry to know but you have not been thoroughly investigated.
An MRI of the back is mandatory to elucidate the causes of back pain.
The most common reason for back pain in your age could be disc protrusion (disc bulge in lay man terms).

This has to be treated with strong prescription analgesics like tramadol along with physical therapy.

If these primary steps are not helpful, surgical removal of the bulging disc would be necessary. So, an MRI of the back is of utmost importance. You may also be having "sciatica" where the sciatic nerve is compressed.

Other possibilities are autoimmune cause for joint and back pain like seropositive arthritis. So, you need to get the ANA or auto immune antibody titer checked as well.
Treatment will be based on the diagnosis.
You need to talk to your doctor about this and get appropriately investigated asap.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!