Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

What shoul What should a normal blood pressure reading be for

What shoul What should a normal blood pressure reading be for a 14 year old female. She is almost 5 ft tall and weight 82. She is being seen for MVP and now dr is concerned her BP is too high. I believe it was 138/83. The cardiologist has also mentioned thickened aortic wall, and the MVP has slight leak.
I am ov
For a 14-year-old girl of average height,normal range of blood pressure is 106/62- 112/66 mm Hg.
High blood pressure is often related to health conditions such as heart defects, kidney disease, genetic conditions or hormonal disorders,obesity.
An important initial step in the assessment of hypertensive children is distinguishing between essential (without an identifiable cause) and secondary hypertension.
Sometimes weight gain can predispose to high blood pressure.
Her kidney function test,Thyroid function test,Adrenal gland evaluation should be done as well.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If my daughter has this because of genetics is it as dangerous as it being a secondary cause-like weight/diet
I am concerned about BP meds at such a young age since I've heard they damage other organs. She does have a heart murmur.she has always been thin and is only moderately active
Does high blood pressure go away if the MVp and leak were to be repaired?