Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Please? Im scared?

Customer Question

Please? Im scared?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
OK--obviously you didn't go to the ER and I hoped by not responding at least you would. Seriously--no games for now. I know you're scared but when I tell you to go to the ER and you don't I really don't have anything to say that's going to make you feel better.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What are they going to do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
It doesn't matter--at least they can determine if you need to see a urologist then and there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please tell me. 911dr says they will put a cath in and irrigate my bladder
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Since you may have clots in there and one may be blocking your urethra and causing the pain, yes they might. But listen very carefully here--I came back to you because I care and I couldn't stay away but unless you go to the ER now instead of posting on this page again, I'll opt out again. You can get back to me after you've been in the ER
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im on my way. Just answer this if you were working the er what would you do. Please answer im scared
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
I'd do a bladder ultrasound to start with
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just tell me everything. Im crying and having a panic attack
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
If it showed clots then I would irrigate your bladder--now just get there and let's see what they do
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can they give me something before they do that if they have to
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will they though?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
How are you getting to the ER right now?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My sister
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
OK--just didn't want you to be texting and driving. Yes--with as much pain as you have I'm sure they'll give you something
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont want to go. Can i just see my dr tomorrow? I promise ill see him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
No--this time, no--you need to get to the ER
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I promise i will. Ill even ask for a referal to urology. And even let them do a cysto. I promise
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
I can't force you to go but it's against my better judgement to tell you it's OK to wait
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please? Ill never bring it up again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
OK--but I didn't tell you here not to go to the ER
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you think your dr friend on here will agree with you?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Yes, I'm sure that he would have told you exactly the same thing--get to the ER--and even 911doc said the same thing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You could always ask him. And the other dr scared me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
OK--let me do it this way. You've told me you're having severe lower abdominal pain, being treated for a UTI, have shown be gross hematuria from your photos, have many RBC's in your urinalysis and I've told you you may have hemorrhagic cystitis with possible clots in the bladder. I'll see if he will give me an agree here that you need to be in the ER
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you understand why im scared to go
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Yes I do.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know you think im probably acting like a child
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Yes, in a way you are, despite the fact that you're scared. But it's a hurting child that desperately needs someone to care for them. And as you'll note above, Dr.Thomas agreed with me
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It you could promise they wouldnt cath ne id be ok. I noticed he agreed to it. What if i go there and i hAve a panic attack?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
I can't promise that but you can always refuse
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Then whats the point of going? I wish i had vicodin. How long you going to be here for
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
For a while but stop with this silly back and forth about the ER. You know full well they won't tie you down and cath you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know they wont. But if i dont let them do what they want whats the point of going
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
If you don't stop with this useless "debate," I'll opt out again
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
I don't accept that this time--you knew very well you were just making idle chatter about the what if this and what if that. If you don't stop things like that I'll have to refuse to take any more or your questions
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Last question about this. I really have to go tonight dont i
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
What the hell do you want me to say? I just don't understand where your head is sometimes. I and two other experts have said you need to go and either you take our advice and do so or you don't but stop with this broken record
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will i be able to come home tonight
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Probably--but again I can't be sure. And you should have been there by now if you really have been on the road all this time
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Earlier when i said i promised id get a referal to urology if i could home you said ok.

Do catheters hurt? Does irrigation hurt? Will they do cystoscopy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Then let's stop right now. You led me to believe up to now that you were on your way. I can't even be sure you were ever in the car. I'm just not going any further with this tonight and if you post anything more, I'm out of here for good
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ill take a pic at the hospital
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Why did you open a new page with the same question. If you go to the ER I'll stay with you but I won't comment on anything else on this or any other page until you are there and they've evaluated you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will you be up
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Yes but not another word here until you've been seen at the ER
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will you give me a pass on going to mayo tomorrow?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Even though its with the therapist?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Let's just get through the ER first and don't post anything more until they've finished with you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If they do use a catheter can i talk to you while there doing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Of course but follow instructions and read very carefully now--don't post anything until you're there and you've seen a doctor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The er dr is discharging me. Said my pain is from cramps and to takes advil.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You kinda lied, oh well i guessCan i forgo the mayo appts today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
No--fell asleep with the laptop on my chest.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WhAt do you think of the er drs diagnosis? Im going to reschedule my mayo appts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Cramps really isn't much of a diagnosis--what all did they say?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He didnt even touch me exceptto listen to my heart. He said that the nurse practioner did all the labs i needed and there was nothing else for him to do. And he sent me home
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
What did they say about the obvious blood in your urine?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not a darm thibg
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Well, I'll have to reconsider ever telling you to go to that particular ER since from what you've told me the docs there are incompetent and amazingly ignorant at times
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Atleast i went. Is there something else i should do? You prob wont be too particularily happy with me. The next opening to see psychiatry mayo is august 27
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
You still need to talk to your primary care doctor--not the NP--about these frequent UTI's and the gross hematuria. At the least you need a urology evaluation. If it has to be August 27 so be it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The NP said give the cipro 48 hours to work. Do you agree? Is it ok to wait 2 months to see urology because they are booked out that far
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Ok on the 48 hours and I'd tell the urologist you think you need to be seen as soon as possible with a case of gross hematuria. Now listen--we talked for a long time on that other page that was for some reason closed by the moderator and we've continued the urine discussion on this page for quite some time so it's time for a rating and then a new page if you need to talk about something else.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry if i frusrated you last night but i was scared. Can i ask you one last thing on this. Tell me exactly what the urologist will do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Well, you need to follow instructions. Again, I can't possibly tell you what another doctor might do. I personally think you need to be scoped but I just won't tell you for sure the urologist will want to do that.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is a urine question. When i look at my urethra i see bloodd
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
That's most likely coming from your bladder
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thats gross
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can i stop worrying about it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
That's up to you--it still needs evaluation. We're doing two pages now so let's stop talking on this one
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Last thing. Would you be worried
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Well, I'd be concerned, yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looks better
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Kate_Miller2007/media/image_zps37e0f274.jpg.html?filters[user]=132472250&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
A bit, yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just a bit?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.
Well, still blood so that still indicates a problem but seriously let's not do anything more on this page